The data behind mentoring shows obvious benefits.
Procurement Heads is delighted to announce the creation of ProcureMentor, a mentoring programme for procurement professionals across the industry to share their experience and gain valuable insight from peers.
A five-year study of 1,000 employees by Gartner found:
- Mentees are promoted five times more often than those not in a mentoring programme
- Retention rates were higher for both mentees (22% more) and mentors (20% more) than for employees who did not participate in a mentoring programme
- 25% of employees who enrolled in a mentoring program had a salary grade change, compared to only 5% of workers who did not participate
Mentoring in numbers:
- 71% of Fortune 500 companies have mentoring programmes
- 97% of those with a mentor say they are valuable (Source Sage.com)
- Only 37% of professionals have a mentor (Source Forbes)
- 89% of those mentored will go on to mentor others (Source McCarthy Mentoring)
Investing in leadership pays off in performance, productivity and innovation.
For CEOs in formal mentoring programmes (Harvard Business Review 2015):
- 84% said mentors had helped them avoid costly mistakes
- 84% become proficient in their roles faster
- 69% were making better decisions
Research also shows:
- Millennials intending to stay with their organisation for more than five years are twice as likely to have a mentor (68%) than not (32%)
- Participants are 40% more likely to hit their goals if they’re written down, something which increases to 70% if they share these goals with someone like a mentor, to keep them accountable
- 89% of those mentored, go on to mentor thus contributing to a culture of learning and mentoring
Once you’ve filled in your details in the contact form below, we will carefully match mentors and mentees according to your needs and stages of your careers.
We will then facilitate introductions between the two parties to enable the mentoring to begin.
For more information about our procurement mentoring programme, email the team at email@example.com