A leading manufacturing business with a strong social purpose, based in Sussex, is recruiting a Procurement Analyst to strengthen their Procurement function.
As Procurement Analyst you will support the successful deployment and effectiveness of Category Management across the global direct and indirect material and services spend. This will include a range of activities such as developing the Procurement performance reporting capability, offering analytical support to the Category Managers and providing market analysis to enable best practice purchasing.
As Procurement Analyst your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Operational responsibility and the provision of subject matter expertise for the Procurement use of the ERP system
- Work closely with the Systems Analyst to report on category & market analysis to inform best practice management of spend categories
- Develop and maintain the systems and processes to drive improved procurement systems effectiveness across global Procurement
- Create monthly direct and indirect performance management reports and performance dashboards.
- Provide business reporting support for the Group Procurement management team
- Administer trends in market conditions
- Review and identify new suppliers and opportunities for efficiency improvement and cost reduction
- Use data analysis to inform decision-making processes and propose solutions to problems
- Own data integrity and support in proposing and developing methods to ensure data accuracy
- Support Global Procurement with advanced purchasing analytics on demand. Analytics include macro-economic analysis of supply markets, spend analytics, spend correctness, payment terms development, KPI benchmarking, material price developments
- Support Global Procurement with statistics and follow up of results (KPI follow up, price index measurements, spend split, actual vs plan in cost saving projects, etc.)
- Support in making purchasing benchmarking analytics and competitor analytics on demand
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to extract complex data from multiple databases and manipulate to produce clear reports
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Proven advanced analytical skills and able to demonstrate the ability to generate insights from data
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Self-directed, pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results-oriented
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with staff/suppliers at all levels
- Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers
- Collaborative and constructive with an ability to manage complex relationships
- Commercially aware
- Previous experience within a Procurement function would be advantageous
Benefits of the Procurement Analyst role include:
- 10% bonus
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Procurement Analyst role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.