A leading manufacturing business with a strong social purpose, based in Sussex, is recruiting Senior Buyer to support across mechanical and electrical commodities.
As Senior Buyer you will work within the Direct Purchasing part of the Procurement function. Direct Purchasing is structured around a Category management approach, however, staff are required to be flexible with the types of suppliers they work with.
Your role will involve managing direct material spend across a number of commodities achieving excellent and measured results for quality, cost, and on-time delivery. You will work closely with local key business stakeholders to develop sustainable sourcing strategies and implementation plans.
As Senior Buyer your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support in the development of global sourcing strategies for allocated commodities taking due account of stakeholder mapping, spend analysis, understanding of current and future demands, supplier improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for the development of local sourcing strategies for allocated commodities taking due account of stakeholder mapping, spend analysis, understanding of current and future demands, supplier improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Negotiate best practice terms with suppliers
- Ensure robust supply agreements are in place with key suppliers, and monitor and improve supplier’s performance on cost, quality, delivery, service and contract compliance
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of relevant global supplier market(s)
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction, efficiency, and supplier quality improvement strategies and implement these.
Skills and experience required:
- BA required with MBA preferred; other graduate degrees potentially acceptable or equivalent work experience
- Previous Buying or Category Management experience ideally for direct materials and within a Manufacturing environment
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) certification desirable
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills
- Experience with contract management and awareness and understanding of contractual law
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels
- Confident negotiator at a senior level. Experience having managed a complex global supply base is desirable
Benefits of the Senior Buyer role include:
- 10% bonus
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Category Lead (Logistics) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.