This leading pharmaceutical business is recruiting a Procurement Manager for their team based in Sussex. This global business is achieving increased profitability year on year and offers a fantastic working environment.
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the effective and high-quality execution of strategic procurement. Your remit is broad, and you will interface with a range of stakeholder groups internally.
To be successful in this role you will need to be confident and committed. The support will come from the wider team, but it is imperative you have the right attitude to work and a willingness to learn.
If you’re interested in joining a business that truly values the well-being of their employees, this could be for you!
As Procurement Manager your responsibilities will include:
- To identify commercial opportunities and lead the process of strategic sourcing execution and implementation to ensure delivery of stakeholder requirements and targets.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships both supply base and internal stakeholders providing clear guidance on developments in the supply chain as appropriate.
- Lead the negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing plans.
- Ensure the implementation of local and global procurement policies
- Continuously review through category management techniques, the supply base and consolidate where appropriate to optimise value and total cost of ownership
- Drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific categories. This includes robust market analysis and understanding of the relevant marketplace.
- Develop and deliver excellent negotiation strategies supported by the implementation of robust contracts.
- Create where appropriate preferred supplier lists for the related categories, always ensuring that optimum value and efficiency is maintained.
- Identify new products and services that will positively support budget objectives and service delivery
- Utilise best practice procurement tools to support the development of categories
- Review internal and external processes to drive further optimisation
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of strategic sourcing on a local or regional level
- Sound knowledge of indirect spend categories with proven capability of managing and developing supplier relationships through contract management and supply chain experience
- Understanding of financial evaluation and potential commercial risks
- Working knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective contracts
- Confident and articulate with an ability to develop a rapport with stakeholders
- Excellent commercial awareness and keen attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of self-motivation to overcome any obstacles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- University degree preferred
- MCIPS or studying towards full MCIPS is desirable
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role:
- 12% bonus scheme
- Onsite gym
- Flexible working
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7387103143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.