This multinational FTSE 250 corporation with sites in southern Hampshire is looking for a Supply Chain Specialist with contract and indirect procurement experience. This role sits within the HR & Training division and requires someone to take part in sourcing Learning & Development training courses for the London fire brigade as part of a transformation project. This role has come as a result of a restructure of a relatively large team of 20 and is a good opportunity to make the role your own and impress.
Ideally you will have worked alongside or within the HR or Training category and have experience in supplier relationship management as team working and relationship building skills (for internal and external stakeholder management) is an integral part to this role. This will be a diverse role as it sits within the fast-paced, crucial, emergency service industry and it is anticipated that the supply chain will grow exponentially with new business so not only will you be a part of a growing category but you will have an influence on the business development of the company itself. Individuals who have specialised in negotiating contracts, sourcing of suppliers, due diligence and placement of suppliers for an indirect procurement category would also thrive in this role.
- Work closely with this team to understand training requirements.
- Owning supplier relationships and developing these relationships to support ongoing business requirements.
- Deliver to training budgets and maximise revenue growth.
- Spend analysis to generate projected contract/ framework requirements.
- Market analysis across training disciplines.
- Placement and management of contracts/frameworks.
- Ensuring that correct level of due diligence is undertaken dependant on nature of training delivery.
- Internal stakeholder management and reviews.
- Liaising with Buying Team to ensure Purchase Orders are structured correctly.
- Contract/ framework placement and management from creation to expiry/ renewal.
- Having an understanding of strategic sourcing process inclusive of: budget, market analysis, tendering, evaluation and contract award.
- Having experience of value drivers and cost models inclusive of: cost negotiation, rebates and added value through soft savings.
- Having a knowledge of wider Training and Further Education Market beneficial and understanding of Make/Buy decisions and associated considerations.
- Having an awareness of risks in training provision and requirements to consider as enhancement to supplier due diligence process.
If you are an Indirect specialist and are looking for a new venture, working in an important industry, then don’t hesitate to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 01962 869 838.