As a result of large growth to the Procurement team, this prestigious defence company, based in Southern Hampshire is seeking a Supply Chain Senior Professional to support the completion of ship maintenance.
With a host of exciting projects to come, this FTSE 100 is looking for a hands-on individual to manage the project from a supply chain-side working closely with suppliers and internal customers.
As Supply Chain Professional you will be part of a thriving team of 19 with a team of 2-3 to support (not manage).
As well as the plethora of knowledge that you will learn and bring to the team, this opportunity offers a wealth of development as you will see the full planning to completion process in upkeeping some of the most important ships in the country.
A dynamic role, you’ll possess a manufacturing background, a diligent attitude and confidence in supplier management.
As Supply Chain Professional, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and applying Procurement processes within projects or business functions to source goods and services where the value, risk or contract warrants special definition or conditions beyond those for a routine purchase
- Developing production, materials, maintenance and repair plans and schedules to support the company and the customer’s requirements for more critical or higher value elements of the planning process
- Working with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet the operational needs of line management and the business. Typically, the Supply Chain Professional role would also be involved in roll-out and management of corporate procurement processes and technologies.
- Understanding and analysing relevant data to manage production and repairs as well as supporting production and operational reviews through the provision of relevant data
Skills and experience required:
- In-depth professional knowledge and understanding of Procurement, logistics or planning principles and practices
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to demonstrate superb stakeholder engagement and customer management skills
- Demonstrate a strong commercial knowledge
- Confident supporting a small team
- An understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made across the wider supply chain is an advantage
In applications for the Supply Chain Professional role we will be looking for:
- A minimum of two years of supply chain/Procurement experience
- CIPS or a business-related degree is desirable
- Will have an in-depth understanding of how the team coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared objectives
- An understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made across the wider supply chain
- It would be desirable to have previous experience in manufacturing or the marine industry
Benefits of the Supply Chain Professional role include:
- Up to £35,000
- Potential bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employee referral scheme
- Flexible working
To discuss the Supply Chain Professional role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07393 140 509| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.