A FTSE 250 defence organisation is currently in the midst of a huge transformation having expanded their current team by over 25%.
This organisation is looking for an experienced procurement professional to join their Major Equipment & Investment team.
Your role will be working on exciting aircraft and aerospace projects in a newly formed supply chain division. You will gain detailed exposure to the complex aviation regulations and challenges facing the industry whilst gaining the experience to manage multi-million-pound capital expenditure projects.
As Supply Chain Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Skilfully assist on investment expansions in the UK and globally, projects to supplement business requirements for £multi-million spend
- Help develop procurement category strategies across Aerospace, Aircraft civil and military projects
- Collaborate and negotiate with suppliers on processes and requisitions and purchase order for technical equipment, custom-engineered products, systems, software & components
- Be responsible for executing the cost-effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects
- Drive the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
To work for this defence organisation, you will require the following experience:
- Knowledge of Capex Purchasing and Equipment Purchases where their traceability is important.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt the pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Provides best practice guidance to business users and junior members of staff.
- Considered a technical expert within allotted embedded teams.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the conversation towards decisions needed.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Procurement expertise within aircraft/aerospace projects ideal but not required
- 2-4 + years’ experience within the supply chain in a regulated environment
- An understanding of contract management and procurement’s role in delivering these processes
- Degree ideal but not required
How to apply:
To discuss the Supply Chain Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.