A FTSE 250 defence organisation is currently in the midst of a huge transformation having expanded their current team by over 25%.
This organisation is looking for an experienced procurement professional to join their Bids & Projects team.
Your role will be responsible for running with a number of flagship projects in the UK & abroad, you will liaise closely with every department in the supply chain function to continue pushing the growth of this expanding organisation.
As Supply Chain Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Acquires and maintains an understanding of technology trends, market forces, cost trends and supplier technology road maps. Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to organisation policy and discuss defects and delivery problems with suppliers and negotiate refunds.
- The role is accountable for providing a best in class procurement service for input into Customer bids, in support of securing new business
- The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for executing the cost-effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
To work for this leading-edge defence organisation, you will require the following experience:
- Ability to guide others through the bidding processes.
- Understands the impact of external customer requirements, recommends solutions to minimise risk and improve the probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt the pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Provides best practice advice to business users and junior members of staff.
- Considered a technical expert within allotted embedded teams.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the conversation towards decisions needed.
- Highly customer-focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Proven contract negotiation and stakeholder influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of the full sourcing process; from design through to execution
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- CIPS qualified or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
To discuss the Senior Supply Chain Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.