Procurement Heads is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager for an international electronics manufacturer whose UK base is in Devon.
Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice is currently partnering with an international electronics manufacturer whose UK base is in Devon in looking for a Supply Chain Manager.
Their products play a vital role in many sectors of industry, including telecommunications, data communications, medical facilities, testing and measurement, rail transport, automotive applications and LED devices.
As Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for:
- Management of personnel, systems and procedures relating to all aspects of purchasing and supply (in-house and bought-in). Production planning, material receipt and central storage and FGS and shipping
The key objectives are to achieve the best cost quality and to control and optimise inventory performance.
Developing a high-level material and logistics strategy which aligns with company goals.
Key deliverables will be:
- Oversee the Sales Inventory Operation Process (SIOP)
- Work/Support the Production Managers to ensure that material availability
- Introduce new products/variants into the materials function
- Management responsibility for Raw materials coming on site and finished goods leaving
- Manage and plan company stock checks
- Manage the purchasing of Direct and Indirect Purchasing
- Manage a Far East Supply Chain/subcontractors
- Manage the supplier chain to reduce costs
- Ensure a Make vs Buy process continues to deliver cost down
- Chair meetings covering subjects such as cost savings, make v buy, new product costs
- Establish, implement and communicate Strategic, and organisational KPIs. Ensure KPIs have action plans with assigned resources and responsibilities with defined timelines
Experience and qualifications:
- Electronics industry experience with technical understanding is desired
- Proven track record of improving supply chains within manufacturing
- Proven negotiation skills and understanding of contracts
- Significant previous experience within manufacturing supply chain environments
- Salary up to £70,000 per annum
- Assisted relocation – up to a maximum of £5,000.
- 5 days annual leave (not including public holidays)
- Life assurance
- 8% pension contribution
- Flexible hours with an early finish on Friday
- Onsite parking