Procurement Heads' Industrial Practice is working with a leading defence organisation to recruit for a Supply Chain Manager.
Procurement Heads is working exclusively to with a leading defence organisation to provide world-class operational support for major defence programmes across the globe.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for all supply chain activities within a highly complex programme including materials and services availability.
You will work closely with key stakeholders, commercial, operations, engineering, asset management, and key suppliers, to ensure the supply chain requirements are understood, planned and delivered to the required levels of quality, schedule adherence and cost.
You will also develop a materials supply strategy to support the project deliverables.
As Supply Chain Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading all supply chain activities
- Identifying and leveraging best practices and cross-class ways of working
- Managing the project life cycle
- POC for all project-related contract management and procurement challenges
- Developing an approach to manage Supply Chain status, performance, and critical issues management
- Ensuring known supply chain risks are understood and mitigation plans are agreed
- Managing the supply chain project performance and reporting to the leadership team
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and experience:
- CIPS qualified or Project Management experienced (PMP or Prince2 qualification preferred)
- Proven track record of development and delivery of large programmes/projects
- Major Programmes/Project experience
- Excellent commercial/business awareness
- Experience managing and leading Supply Chain activities
- In-depth knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain Management practices
Benefits of the Supply Chain Manager role include:
- 25 days leave
- 50% hybrid working
- Flexi-time accrual
- Flexible benefits