An information services company is looking to recruit a Supply Chain Buyer. This company offers commercial solutions to more than 30 countries.
Key responsibilities of the Supply Chain Buyer role include:
- Undertake end to end sourcing activity for the IT Services category (which includes hardware, software, software development and the support and maintenance of both hardware and software) in accordance with the supply chain process, using a variety of sourcing approaches including e-auctions.
- Undertake the review, referring to the legal team where necessary, negotiate software end-user license agreements.
- Take responsibility for specific projects or suppliers at the direction of the Supply Chain manager and be the interface internally and externally for those relationships. Ensure all contracts are legally & ethically compliant.
- Undertake effective supplier onboarding and due diligence activity.
- Provide support for order management activity, including the creation maintenance and management of catalogues, and work alongside the supply chain service centre, to resolve issues and identify efficiencies.
- Provide data and reports to the category team and use analysis to find opportunities for potential cost savings and transactional efficiencies.
- Create contracts in the P2P tool.
- Resolve operational day-to-day supplier-related subjects.
- Act as the front line SCM interface for internal stakeholders and suppliers for the nominated category.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain process, develop strong working relationships with supply chain teams and business partners, to provide support and optimise category performance, as well as continually enhance value for money (risk, cost and performance).
- Actively support supply chain projects and initiatives.
Skills and experience required:
- A supply chain and procurement professional with knowledge of supply chain and purchase order systems and processes and e-sourcing systems
- IT procurement experience is not essential
- With category procurement experience in a centralised procurement function
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience building effective relationships with internal and supplier stakeholders.
- Membership or working towards membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIPS)
- Demonstrable knowledge and skill in:
- Dealing with multiple technical stakeholders
- Understanding procurement Sourcing Cycles
- Tactical sourcing, including e-auctions, competitive tendering and negotiation.
- Delivery of ‘bottom line’ savings
Benefits of the Supply Chain Buyer role include:
- Hybrid working
- 26 days leave