A FTSE 250 financial services organisation with an appetite for growth through acquisition is seeking a Supplier Relationship Manager to join its Third Party Management team.
Reporting to the Head of Supplier Relationship Management, the Supplier Relationship Manager will work closely with the business leadership teams (C-suite) and individual business owners of third-party relationships across the enterprise.
In doing so, you will support them in optimising commercial value and reducing the risks associated with these relationships throughout their lifecycle, from the point of onboarding through to renewal or exit arrangement at the end of contractual relationships.
As Supplier Relationship Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Head of Supplier Relationship Management to ensure Third Party Management framework continues to be embedded across the company’s businesses and functions
- Partnering with business stakeholders to ensure its supply chain is managed in line with standards and procedures, and in line with regulatory requirements for Material Outsourcing arrangements
- Overseeing and providing best practice guidance to the business on supplier management meetings, change management, renewal strategies, exit strategies and transitional arrangements across supplier relationships
- Providing proactive thought leadership input and taking accountability for delivering agreed business initiatives to maximise value or minimise risk in the supply base
- Leading contract negotiations for the most strategic, complex and critical third-party arrangements
- Maintaining supplier information within supplier management systems, compiling and analysing management reports to show trends, opportunities and risks across the third-party supplier base and leading on the proposed action
- Developing effective relationships with other areas of the Group to ensure alignment and endorsement of supplier management activities (e.g. Legal, Credit, Risk, Compliance)
- Working closely with Third Party Monitoring colleagues where ongoing assurance activities are undertaken on suppliers (desktop / onsite reviews).
- Ensuring effective liaison between TPM, Legal and Compliance with regards to any Material Outsourcing regulatory notifications as they arise
- Identifying any risks associated with the supplier base, escalating to the Head of Supplier Relationship Management and business leadership teams as required
- Ensuring continuous improvement opportunities are delivered across the third-party lifecycle
Risk & Compliance
- Ensuring all governance and compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the regulatory bodies are carried out to the standards required
Skills and experience:
- Excellent supplier relationship management and/or Procurement experience, demonstrating autonomy within previous roles
- Experience managing complex and strategic supplier arrangements delivering tangible value and mitigating risk
- Strong contract negotiation experience for large, complex and sensitive strategic arrangements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of business partnering stakeholders within a matrix environment, operating with business line leadership teams/c-suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of risk management in the context of third parties whilst meeting the demands of the business
- Understanding of Material Outsourcing and other key regulatory obligations related to third party management
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical experience of risk identification and risk management
- Experience utilising the opportunities presented by e-sourcing platforms
- Demonstrable experience of driving the TPM agenda in an organisation
Benefits of the Supplier Relationship Manager role include:
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Private family medical care
- 15% pension (total contribution after probation)
How to apply:
To discuss the Supplier Relationship Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.