A fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Financial Services organisation who are embedding SRM, Category Management and Change Management to create a Procurement best practice team.
Working alongside other Supplier Relationship Managers, and the Head of Supply Chain Management, you will input into the strategy of the claims category. Taking responsibility for key suppliers within this spend portfolio you will ensure delivery of supplier performance and customer objectives, as well as robust supplier management and governance in line with policy.
The Supplier Relationship Manager will work in collaboration with suppliers and stakeholders alike in order to continuously identify opportunities to improve business efficiency. The SRM will develop such business relationships, acting as a credible contact and source of commercial guidance and advice.
- Manage suppliers within the assigned spend portfolio, thinking strategically, tactically and operationally to get the most out of the relationship
- Use influencing skills to deliver commercial solutions that increase value for both the business and supplier base
- Monitor and manage supplier performance, addressing internal or external issues as they arise
- Meet all regulatory, governance and internal compliance requirements
- Proactively engage with internal stakeholders, leveraging research and your experience, to build a pipeline of opportunities
Skills and Experience Required:
We are looking for a Procurement professional with key supplier management skills. Candidates with a category management background will be considered. Further skills and experience required is as follows;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain longstanding business relationships
- Commercial acumen and credibility in advising senior stakeholders
- Detailed approach with ability to collect and analyse market data
- Experience of driving continuous improvement through the supply chain
- Development of the businesses understanding of supplier relationship management principles
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive business with an exciting strategy. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Sophie on 01962 869838 for more information.