An ambitious multinational financial services company is looking to recruit an ambitious Supplier Relationship Manager on a 6-month FTC.
An ambitious multinational financial services company is looking to recruit an ambitious Supplier Relationship Manager on a 6-month FTC with a view to becoming a permanent member of the team.
This company prides itself on providing an open and supportive environment where employees are nurtured and challenged daily.
Working closely with the SRM team, you’ll need to be comfortable not only managing suppliers but also working closely with senior internal stakeholders.
Procurement experience is not a requirement for this position if you can evidence strong contract and supplier management experience.
This is a hybrid role, predominantly working from home but with some in-office time required on occasion in its Kent office.
As Supplier Relationship Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and manage key high risk external strategic relationships to ensure partner offerings align with delivery of the IT strategy, that there is a clear partner lifecycle plan in place and that innovation is driven in partnership with partners to support better outcomes and competitive advantage
- Build effective relationships with the UK procurement team
- Understand partners’ business and strategic goals to balance requirements against the optimum delivery model
- Develop and agree with customers a strategy for each partner, driving regular strategic and operational review sessions to identify and track improvement activities and opportunities to deliver additional value from the relationship
- Develop an operational working model with each partner based upon delivery value of the relationship and risk to the company to ensure each relationship is fit for purpose and delivers value for money
- Manage all aspects of the formal contract between the partners and the company (either directly or through procurement as appropriate).
- Manage regulatory and risk management processes in respect of strategic IT partners – to ensure compliance with company policy and FCA regulations.
- Drive continuous improvement activities across the team ensuring that services continue to evolve in line with changing operating models and requirements
Skills and experience
- The ability to be effective from day one
- Dynamic approach with natural gravitas to build new and effective relationships internally and externally
- Excellent experience of contract knowledge and negotiation with third parties
- Proven record in ongoing development of strategic relationships, driving win-win solutions to support innovation and competitive advantage
- Experience of developing a partner lifecycle approach and managing third parties both strategically and operationally
- High levels of commercial acumen and financial awareness, driving value for money, cost save and avoidance
- Experience of relationship managing outsourced functions
- Experience of dispute resolution
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence multiple executive level stakeholders
- Demonstrable focus on continuous improvement
- Clear track record in operating effectively in a matrix organisation
- Good understanding of procurement process and policies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally within Financial Services.
Benefits of this role include:
- £50,000 salary
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Other benefits and discounts