Procurement Heads have been retained by Oodle Car Finance to recruit a Supplier Relationship Manager.
Procurement Heads have been retained by Oodle Car Finance – a market-disrupting fintech in the automotive sector currently in hyper-growth mode – to recruit a Supplier Relationship Manager to manage a wide range of fascinating external suppliers post-contract signature.
As you may know, the car finance industry has suffered a bad reputation over the years, linked to the car trade; so, in 2016, Oodle’s two founders created a business that would turn the industry upside down.
Oodle’s purpose is to make car buying easy and uses the latest technology to deliver the absolute best customer and business outcomes: from an industry-leading, inclusive lending algorithm to digital-first application journeys and best-in-class customer support teams.
And in just five years, Oodle has already helped more than 100,000 customers, achieved a 4.7-star Trustpilot score, has been named one of Finovate’s Top 50 Fintechs in Europe and Sifted’s Top 20 European Fintechs to follow in 2020 and was recognised as one of The Best Companies to work for in both 2020 and 2021.
So if you like the sound of the above, currently work in procurement, have a good understanding of the automotive sector and enjoy extracting value out of suppliers post-contract, then this could be the perfect next role for you.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Strategy & Oversight and with indirect reporting lines to the Head of Customer Operations, Head of Customer Care and Head of Procurement, you’ll manage the performance of Oodle’s external supplier relationships.
The working pattern for this role is hybrid, with a mixture of home working, office-based (from any of Oodle’s offices – London, Oxford and Manchester) and travel to third-party sites in order to build deep and meaningful relationships with your suppliers.
As Supplier Relationship Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the development of a robust supplier governance framework with documented standards
- Risk profiling each supplier with proportionate risk-based controls such as audits, site reviews, etc.
- Risk-based financial stability checks completed for each supplier (annual)
- Risk-based reviews (at least annually) of supplier internal policies, controls and staff competency frameworks
- Facilitating risk-based (at least monthly) supplier performance and risk review meetings with actions agreed, tracked and reported to appropriate internal governance forums
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to understand and define business requirements
- Tracking and reporting on any agreed performance improvement actions
- Tracking and reporting on supplier panel performance comparisons against each other (where appropriate against the same activity)
- Managing any supplier risk events (including logging internally), agreeing and overseeing any remediation/risk mitigation actions
- Supplier capacity reviews linked to internal volume forecasting to ensure operational resilience
- Completing supplier audits and work in partnership with internal control functions such as QA and Compliance
- Internal and external relationship management, including acting as a rational intermediary in the case of conflict
- Identifying strategic opportunities to maximise supplier value to add and improve the customer experience
- Completing supplier panel reviews and participating in RFI/RFP processes as needed
- Tracking supplier performance against SLAs and reviewing SLAs on a regular basis
- Working with the Complaints Team to address any supplier complaints or issues and if the complaint is forwarded (under DISP 1.7), tracking its resolution
- Customer experience monitoring
- Managing Oodle to Supplier communication, ensuring that supplier activity is aligned with our business values, culture, risk appetite and operational standards
- Delivering training and briefings to suppliers as appropriate
- Working with internal data security to ensure that the data flow between Oodle and Suppliers meets legal and regulatory standards
- Debt Sale (purchaser) due diligence support and ongoing oversight/monitoring of buy backs, queries, etc.
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record in supplier performance and relationship management
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent external networking capabilities and presentation skills
- Able to influence others through effective communication
- Strong business acumen and result orientation, with the ability to present results in a structured and professional manner
- Project management capability and experience
- Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Flexible for travel as required
- Experience in motor finance
- Demonstrable understanding of regulatory expectations in consumer finance
- A recognised qualification such as CIPS / ISM or equivalent
Benefits of the Supplier Relationship Manager role include:
- 10% bonus
- 9% non-contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Electric car scheme
- 25 days holiday
- And more!