A rapidly growing fintech is looking for a Supplier Management Lead to establish their SRM capability.
Procurement Heads Financial & Professional Services team is partnering with an exciting fintech business as they add a newly created Supplier Management Lead role to their team.
With a small procurement team already in place, this role provides an opportunity for someone to establish and manage a supplier capability, focused around their most critical suppliers.
Previous experience establishing a supplier management, third-party risk or vendor management capability in the past will be highly beneficial for this role.
You’ll be interfacing with stakeholders up to C-suite level, many of whom you’ll be based alongside in their London office where you’ll work 2-3 days a week, with the rest spent working remotely.
Key Responsibilities of the Supplier Management Lead role:
Manage critical suppliers and outsourcing providers, with particular focus on:
- Risk identification and tracking (e.g. concentration, geopolitical, business continuity, financial health, security).
- Implement any annual mandatory/regulatory due diligence. To include the ongoing monitoring of the regulatory environment and translation of the FCA (or relevant governing body) guidelines into practice.
- Commercial management such as renewals, scale and volume renegotiations, value engineering. Support international expansion plans with the suppliers where relevant.
- Performance management in accordance with the contracted Service Levels, recovery of credits where appropriate, development and implementation of performance improvement programs if required.
- Relationship Management. Become the primary contact for all relationship matters with the suppliers and the conduit between stakeholders and the relevant functions within the supplier organisations.
- Strategic Management. Align the strategic roadmaps of the business and the suppliers to identify opportunities to expand arrangements to the mutual benefit of both parties.
- Exit planning. Develop robust exit plans and execute where appropriate.
- Work closely with the relevant business areas within to ensure the management of the suppliers are aligned to the wider business needs. Be the internal point of escalation for all supplier matters.
- Periodically review and update the list of critical suppliers, aligning with the guidance set out by the FCA.
Key Skills & Experience required for the Supplier Management Lead role:
- Comprehensive experience in a supplier management or equivalent role
- Strong engagement skills at all levels within an organisation, including C-Suite
- Sharp commercial focus, where driving value from our suppliers is at the heart of what you do
- A pragmatic, commercial and creative approach to problem-solving and decision-making
- A team player with great people skills and a good sense of humour who can effectively and efficiently collaborate, building relationships with colleagues throughout the business.
- Contract negotiation experience and expertise
- Regulated / Fintech experience a bonus
Benefits of the Supplier Management Lead role:
- Up to £115,000 salary
- 25 days holiday, rising by one each year up to 30
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical and dental insurance
- 6 months maternity/10 weeks paternity leave