A growing, cutting-edge London Fintech start-up is recruiting a brand-new Supplier Legal & Compliance Manager role to work closely with both sides of its Procurement business (direct and indirect).
The role necessitates a qualified legal professional because it will advise and support the supplier management team as it takes on and negotiates with new suppliers, in addition to renewing agreements with existing suppliers.
Of equal importance, however, the role will also ensure the processes and technologies used to manage all of this are kept up-to-date and improved upon, where necessary.
This activity is key to the ongoing success of the company, given its customers are financial institutions and are subject to various banking and financial services obligations.
As Supplier Legal & Compliance Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Advising the supplier management team on commercial agreements (frameworks, terms & conditions, amendments, purchase orders, etc.) – delivering advice to a high standard, within timeframes required by the business and in a manner that meets both commercial needs and financial services flow-downs
- Providing ‘triage’ to a variety of issues (e.g. data protection, disputes/litigation, IP and HR) and ensuring that matters are identified and passed to the appropriate resource
- Working with external advisers to ensure consistent approach of the supplier management team handbook for commercial agreements
- Ensuring that the supplier management team due diligence, contract review and contract renewal processes are followed and completed
- Assisting the business to interact more deeply with the supplier management team via formal and informal training and coaching
- Providing updates to the Director Supplier Management and the General Counsel around progress on commercial developments and process improvements
- Working with the other members of the supplier management team
- Supporting the ethics, compliance, and governance processes; fostering and exemplifying a culture of integrity and good business practices
Skills and experience:
- Significant experience of reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Exposure to the financial services industry
- Worked for an international business
- Professional legal qualification
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience post-qualification, ideally with some in-house
- Exposure to process improvement / change management
- Exposure to technology industry, including the legal field.
Benefits of the Supplier, Legal & Compliance Manager role include:
- 25 days holiday (plus extra day off for your birthday)
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
How to apply:
To discuss the Supplier, Legal & Compliance Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.