A leading defence organisation has seen a significant change in the way Procurement is viewed and managed over the last few years. This was once purely an R&D facility for the MOD that has now stepped into production and design manufacturing.
This has, therefore, had a considerable impact on the way Procurement operates and the size of the team required to meet demand. As a result of succession planning, a new Head of Procurement is in place and is wanting to grow the team substantially to be able to deliver for its customers effectively by recruiting two Sub-Contract Managers.
Reporting to the Sub-Contract Team Leader, the purpose of the role is to ensure an efficient supply chain is in place between the suppliers and the organisation, as well as supporting the effective operation of exceeding targets including customer delivery performance and quality.
As Sub-Contract Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Deliver a high-level procurement service to both internal and external customers
- Manage all subcontract activities including subcontract construct, negotiation, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery
- Lead the end to end Procurement process for bidding activities
- Project manage subcontractors on major projects and bids
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from subcontract
- Identify, assess and manage subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required.
- Lead procurement reporting to project board, including subcontract status, risks and subcontract performance
- AX knowledge a definite advantage – must have MRP/ERP experience
- Able to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Adhere to legislative and corporate compliance
- Support as required the establishment of commercial subcontract processes and procedures scaled to support the growing business
- Develop long-term relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Actively assist in developing supply chain maturity and performance
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of establishing and managing subcontracts in key prime contractor projects
- Experience supporting bid activity, creating Procurement specification and terms and conditions
- Strong Project Management/Leadership skills
- Strong Commercial skills with a good understanding of terms and conditions and the ability to draft and develop sub-contract documentation such as statements of work, payment plans and CDRLs
- Has maturity and gravitas to work with senior levels of stakeholders
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Financial management experience of complex subcontracts
- Experience of defining and implementing Category management strategies
- Ability to liaise and influence key Stakeholders.
- Proactive individual with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of Category Management
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- Risk management
- Experience of managing internal stakeholders in a matrix organisation
- Experience of Project Reporting at a senior level
In applications for the Sub-Contract Manager role we will be looking for:
- Degree in relevant subject or experience in a similar role or equivalent is desirable
- Project management qualification desirable
- Strong IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office
- Takes ownership, demonstrates a bias for action, sense of urgency and focus upon continuous improvement
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship skills gained within a multi-functional environment
- Calm under pressure, organised and credible
- Able to manage own workload efficiently while coping with changing demands and issues
To discuss the Sub-Contract Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.