Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice is currently partnering with an international electronics manufacturer whose UK base is in Devon in looking for a Strategic Procurement Specialist.
Their products play a vital role in many sectors of industry, including telecommunications, data communications, medical facilities, testing and measurement, rail transport, automotive applications and LED devices.
As Strategic Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for:-
- Make vs buy analysis using bill of materials
- Contract review
- Risk mapping
- Multi-source systems and procedures relating to all aspects of purchasing
The key objectives are to optimise and improve supply chain performance and value by working collaboratively with stakeholders to develop a resilient supply base that can support revenue growth, cost competitiveness, and strong operational performance.
Key deliverables will be:
- Manage supplier relationships
- Identify potential new suppliers and manufacturers
- Identify/evaluate/implement new suppliers for outsourcing opportunities where there are cost/efficiency savings compared to in-house manufacturing
- Identify supply chain solutions
Experience and qualifications:
- Electronics industry experience with technical understanding is desired
- Proven track record of improving supply chains within manufacturing
- Proven negotiation skills and understanding of contracts
- Ability to drive inventory reduction programmes
- Significant previous experience in a senior purchasing role
- Salary up to £55,000 per annum
- Assisted relocation – up to a maximum of £5,000.
- 5 days annual leave (not including public holidays)
- Life assurance
- 8% pension contribution
- Flexible hours with an early finish on Friday
- Hybrid working available
- Onsite parking