A leading FTSE 250 Services organisation in the UK is embarking on a significant Procurement transformation project. With a relatively new CPO at the helm, they are wanting to move away from working as separate legal entities and operate under one vision and as a result, standardise how Procurement works within the organisation.
With over 200 offices, this is a major project and will require high calibre individuals to join the business and help drive the overall strategy.
There are 2 requirements for a Strategic Procurement Manager – FM as a result; one to be based in the South looking after ongoing engineering public sector contracts, and the other to be based in Leeds supporting household brand names. Reporting into the Head of Strategic Sourcing for FM, the role is twofold; take responsibility for a couple of FM categories across the business and drive the strategy and support the MD locally by being the main point of contact for any escalations.
A Procurement Operations team has been set up in one of the sites and their role is to support you by providing management information, data tools, e sourcing activities and all administrative requirements to enable you to focus purely on strategic sourcing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define, implement and manage category and sourcing strategies in the agreed categories of supply, with particular focus on delivering Exceptional Value, Every Day. This means ensuring supply chain solutions are fit for purpose, aligned to business need and represent lowest total cost, best service, highest quality, ethical & sustainable supply with relevant impactful supply base innovation.
- Lead sourcing activity and management of key supplier relationships across all relevant business units and group functions
- Work closely with key stakeholders across divisions and group functions to reflect and influence the needs of all business units and functional leads in the category strategy
- Reporting to one of the Heads of Strategic Sourcing, contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of a new Source to Need procurement operating model. This will require support across six strategic priorities of People, Cost, Technology, Customer, Process & Suppliers
- Improve compliance through making it easy for our people to do the right thing & challenging leakage
- A track record in managing procurement spend in relevant categories of supply.
- First class personal, written and verbal communication skills as well as tact, diplomacy and negotiating expertise in dealing with a wide range of knowledgeable clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Significant commercial procurement experience
- Experience in a complex environment with a high level of interface with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers, able to demonstrate excellent ability to influence and challenge at a senior level both internally and externally
- Demonstrable category management and negotiation skills, working with senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- MCIPS qualified
- Experience in supporting Procurement transformation and change program
This is a fast paced, low margin, customer centric organisation. Nothing is being made and therefore relationship building both internally and externally is essential in order to be successful in this role.
To find out more, please apply with a CV to email@example.com or call me on 01962 869838