A globally recognised FTSE 250 outsourcing company is recruiting a Strategic Category Manager (Indirect Services).
A globally recognised FTSE 250 outsourcing company already in the thick of an exciting transformation journey is recruiting procurement professionals who can embrace and drive change across the enterprise.
Catalysed by the vision of a newly appointed CPO, the business has created a host of brand-new positions including a Strategic Category Manager (Indirect Services) to help drive its transformation journey.
Reporting to the Head of Category Management for Indirect Services, you’ll help manage an annual spend of circa £400m across the category and the role will necessitate a capable indirects generalist.
To succeed in this role, you’ll unlock value not only by re-negotiating price but also by focussing on its environmental agenda and strategic sourcing strategies.
The position will be a mix of both remote and office-based work in the central London office.
As Strategic Category Manager (Indirect Services) your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Head of Category to define and execute category strategy plans which are aligned with account sourcing plans business objectives
- Planning the category review cycle based on business priorities, risk, contract expiry, spend analysis and opportunities identified
- Preparing and executing RFx/eRFx/eAuctions, evaluating, selecting, negotiating and contracting with suppliers
- Leading initiatives to optimise category maturity in terms of spend under management, spend under contract, spend compliance and spend concentration
- Ensuring regular market testing and benchmarking is performed
- Maintaining a strong awareness of market trends and working with key suppliers to deliver value and innovation within defined categories
- Conducting segmentation of the supply base, tailoring the management approach and allocation of tasks to the nature and criticality of the supply, ensuring clear ownership across the team, and removing duplicate activities
- Driving compliance to the PSL and maximise savings and benefits in line with benefits methodology
- Continuously seeking opportunities to leverage spend via structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes to further reduce supplier costs, deliver additional savings, drive category maturity and improve overall efficiencies
- Engaging with stakeholders and suppliers to optimise supply chain and procurement delivery
- Proactively identifying and delivering cost savings, cost reductions and volume-based discount opportunities in accordance with group supply chain and procurement targets
- Supporting ethical and sustainable sourcing initiatives, modern slavery VCSE and ESG requirements
- Managing and reporting on category and sourcing KPIs
- Supporting the development of new technologies and processes to continually improve supply chain strategy, capability, and delivery
- Ensuring full contractual and legal compliance of goods and services ensuring suppliers perform in-line with all contractual conditions and service commitments.
- Ensuring performance and practices are performed in line with all Supply Chain Policies, Procedures and Systems
Skills and experience:
- A track record in managing Indirect procurement spend within blue-chip environments in categories that include Professional Services, Consultancy and Corporate Services, including office supplies and services
- First-class interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Significant commercial procurement experience
- Experience in a complex environment, with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable category management and negotiating skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience/qualifications
- MCIPS qualified (desirable)
Benefits of the Strategic Category Manager (Indirect Services) role include:
- £5,500 car allowance
- 20% bonus
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance x 4
- 5% matched pension
- 25 days holiday