An ambitious FTSE 250 outsourcing company with a reputation for excellence is recruiting procurement professionals who can embrace and drive change.
As such, it has created a host of brand-new positions including a Strategic Category Manager (ICT Services) to help drive its transformation journey.
Reporting to the Head of Category Management for Indirect Services, you’ll help manage a spend of circa £400m across the category with ownership of £60m in ICT Services, unlocking value not only by re-negotiating price but also by focussing on its environmental agenda and strategic sourcing strategies.
The positions will be a mixture of remote working and office-based with the potential to be based out of London, Bristol or Birmingham.
As Strategic Category Manager (ICT Services) your key responsibilities will be:
- Effective management, development and mentoring of any direct and or indirect reports with a particular focus on enabling people to deliver exceptional value, every day
- Leading category strategy development, execution and sourcing activity within agreed categories of supply
- Ensuring supply chain solutions are fit for purpose, aligned to business needs, and represent the lowest total cost, optimal service and highest quality with relevant impactful supply base innovation
- Ensuring robust management of key supplier relationships within agreed categories of supply
- Being a trusted commercial partner working closely with key stakeholders to reflect and influence the needs of all Business Units and functions in developing category plans
- Achieving best value for money on category spend, achieving annualised and in-year benefits, savings targets, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrable application of a full category management approach delivering quantifiable value to the bottom line
- Interfacing with Supply Chain Business Unit Business Partners to understand and influence business needs and demand. Working in partnership with stakeholders to ensure an optimal supply chain performance
- Robust management of key supplier relationships within category within a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrating the business is a customer of choice that works in partnership with key suppliers to unlock new joint value and improve performance
- Working with the Head of Category to define and execute category strategy plans which are aligned with Account Souring Plans and business objectives
- Planning the category review cycle based on business priorities, risk, contract expiry, spend analysis and opportunities identified.
- Preparing and executing RFx/eRFx/eAuctions, evaluating, selecting, negotiating and contracting with suppliers
- Leading initiatives to optimise category maturity in terms of spend under management, spend under contract, spend compliance and spend concentration
- Ensuring regular market testing and benchmarking is performed. Maintaining a strong awareness of market trends and working with key suppliers to deliver value and innovation within defined categories
- Conducting segmentation of the supply base, tailoring the management approach and allocation of tasks to the nature and criticality of the supply, ensuring clear ownership across the team, and removing duplicate activities
- Driving compliance to the PSL and maximising savings and benefits in line with benefits methodology
- Continuously seeking opportunities to leverage spend via structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes to further reduce supplier costs, deliver additional savings, drive category maturity and improve overall efficiencies
- Engaging with stakeholders and suppliers to optimise supply chain and procurement delivery
- Proactively identifying and delivering cost savings, cost reductions and volume-based discount opportunities under group supply chain and procurement targets
- Supporting ethical and sustainable sourcing initiatives, modern slavery VCSE and ESG requirements
- Managing and reporting on category and sourcing KPIs
- Supporting the development of new technologies and processes to continually improve group supply chain strategy, capability, and delivery
- Ensuring full contractual and legal compliance of goods and services ensuring suppliers perform in line with all contractual conditions and service commitments.
- Ensuring performance and practices are performed in line with all Supply Chain Policies, Procedures and Systems
Skills and experience:
- A strong track record in managing procurement spend in ICT Services categories of supply
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience/qualifications
- First-class interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Significant commercial procurement experience
- Experience in a complex environment, with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable category management and negotiating skills
- MCIPS qualified (desirable)
Benefits of the Strategic Category Manager (ICT Services) role include:
- £5,500 car allowance
- 20% bonus
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance x 4
- 5% matched pension
- 25 days holiday