An ambitious FTSE 250 outsourcing company with a reputation for excellence is recruiting procurement professionals who can embrace and drive change.
Borne from the vision of a new CPO, the business has created a host of brand-new positions including a Strategic Category Manager (HR & Professional Services) to help drive its transformation journey.
Reporting to the Head of Category Management for Indirect Services, you’ll manage a spend of circa £180m across the category (HR, Travel, Consultancy, etc.).
To succeed in this role, you’ll unlock value not only by re-negotiating price but also by focussing on its environmental agenda and strategic sourcing strategies.
The position will be a mix of both remote and office-based work in their central London office.
As Strategic Category Manager (HR & Professional Services) your key responsibilities will be:
- Reporting to the Head of Category for Indirects Services with c. £180m spend across the category (HR, Travel, Consultancy)
- Leading category strategy development, execution and sourcing activity within agreed categories of supply, obtaining stakeholder sign-off as appropriate
- Ensuring supply chain solutions are fit for purpose, aligned to business needs, and represent lowest total cost, optimal service and highest quality with relevant impactful supply base innovation.
- Ensuring robust management of key supplier relationships within agreed categories of supply, whilst mitigating risk and delivering operational benefit at all times
- Acting as a trusted commercial partner working closely with key stakeholders to reflect and influence the needs of all Business Units and functions in developing category plans
- Achieving best value for money on category spend, annualised and in-year benefits, savings targets, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Applying a full category management approach and delivering quantifiable value to the bottom line
- Working in partnership with stakeholders to ensure an optimal supply chain performance
- Robust management of key supplier relationships within the category within a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrating the business is a customer of choice that works in partnership with key suppliers to unlock new joint value and improve performance
- Working with the Head of Category to define and execute category strategy plans which are aligned with business objectives
- Planning category review cycle based on business priorities, risk, contract expiry, spend analysis and opportunities identified.
- Preparing and executing RFx/eRFx/eAuctions, evaluating, selecting, negotiating and contracting with suppliers
- Leading initiatives to optimise category maturity in terms of spend under management, spend under contract, spend compliance and spend concentration
- Ensuring regular market testing and benchmarking is performed
- Maintaining a strong awareness of market trends and work with key suppliers to deliver value and innovation within defined categories
- Conducting segmentation of the supply base, tailoring the management approach and allocation of tasks to the nature and criticality of the supply, ensuring clear ownership across the team, and removing duplicate activities
- Driving compliance to the PSL and maximising savings and benefits in line with benefits methodology
- Continuously seeking opportunities to leverage spend via structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes to further reduce supplier costs, deliver additional saving, drive category maturity and improve overall efficiencies.
- Engaging with stakeholders and suppliers to optimise supply chain and procurement delivery
- Proactively identifying and delivering cost savings, cost reductions and volume-based discount opportunities in accordance with group supply chain and procurement targets
- Supporting ethical and sustainable sourcing initiatives, modern slavery VCSE and ESG requirements
- Managing and reporting on category and sourcing KPIs via SRM methodology
- Supporting the development of new technologies and processes to continually improve the group’s supply chain strategy, capability, and delivery
- Ensuring full contractual and legal compliance of goods and services ensuring suppliers perform in line with all contractual conditions and service commitments
- Ensuring performance and practices are performed in line with all Supply Chain Policies, Procedures and Systems
Skills and experience:
- A track record in managing procurement spend across HR & Professional services at a blue-chip company
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to engage C-Suite internally & externally
- Significant commercial procurement experience with the ability to model commercial scenarios
- Experience in a complex environment with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable category management and negotiating skills.
- Ability to challenge as appropriate and hold stakeholders/suppliers accountable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience/qualifications
- MCIPS qualified (desirable)
Benefits of the Strategic Category Manager (HR & Professional Services) role include:
- £5,500 car allowance
- 20% bonus
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance x 4
- 5% matched pension
- 25 days holiday