This leader in the aviation industry is recruiting a Strategic Buyer to support the Procurement Manager on a range of direct procurement categories. You will join a world-leading specialist in providing solutions that reduce costs, improve profitability whilst supporting brand values for a wide range of customers.
Joining a business that truly values their employees, and actively encourages professional development, you will receive ongoing support and development. Ideally you will be MCIPS qualified, although if you are working towards this there is support offered to complete your training. Working closely with the Procurement Manager you will provide sound guidance and advice, backed-up with relevant data analytics. Your role is pivotal to the delivery of key procurement deliverables.
You will also be involved in the following:
Responsibilities of the role:
The data you will provide to the Procurement Manager will support commercial bidding processes, the implementation of supplier contracts and subsequent compliance. Your role will ensure the business is buying components at the right quality, cost and delivery. The role is heavily focused on reducing risks and costs within the supply chain and increasing competitive advantage.
- Coordinate, monitor and actively engage in price negotiation, ensuring purchasing activity protects company margin and is controlled through applying cost analysis techniques.
- Act as the central best practice expert for procurement activities in relation to the relevant commodity.
- Lead Stocking agreements and call offs with suppliers where appropriate. Hold monthly team reviews and meetings
- Ownership of project plans that deliver the objectives set. Manage these plans to ensure deadlines and budgets are met and that the necessary communications and risk mitigations are in place.
- Purchasing data mapping/analysis. Efficiently and reliably identify key insightful and compelling findings in order to prepare a comprehensive area/vendor/commodity profile.
- Assist with data gathering and implementation of supplier scorecards. Puts in place effective communication and tools to ensure non-compliance is minimised and provides mechanism to ensure business units know how to seek approval for genuine non-compliance.
- Contract negotiation: Includes provisions with supplier contracts to drive innovation and sets minimum expected targets. Consider value of sharing the benefits derived from realising innovative concepts with suppliers.
- Provide training and workshops to internal stakeholders when delivering new strategies and tailor complex information to a variety of audiences.
Skills and experience required for the role:
As Strategic Buyer you will have proven experience of delivering strategic procurement objectives. You will have sound change management skills and be innovative and creative. Further skills and experience required for this role are;
- Strong negotiating skills and contracting experience with customers and suppliers.
- Experience in data analysis and building strategies from data.
- Should be degree qualified or HND equivalent, working towards CIPS ideally achieved level 5 status
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Buyer to gain support and development to progress their career. To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads. All enquiries are confidential, you can reach Sophie on 01962 869 838 / firstname.lastname@example.org.