Following the appointment of an influential new leader, this technology and manufacturing business is going through a period of transformation and needs a Senior Sourcing Manager to be based out of their Hampshire offices.
You will be a key contributor to the Senior Management Team, responsible for building sourcing strategies and supplier agreements, owning a spend of up to £30M per year and working collaboratively with business operational teams to define and develop category management. You will also provide procurement support to specific bids and act as a key interface between specific bid team and relevant category lead within procurement. Aiming to continuously improve the procurement process you will coach and develop a team of procurement professionals to build personal and professional capabilities.
Your main duties will be as follows:
- Build sourcing strategies that enable the business to optimise its buying power across all markets.
- Set up and manage major categories.
- Continuously look for opportunities to maximise cash flow through improved supplier terms, discounts, rebates and negotiations.
- Own, maintain and continuously improve the procurement process.
- Proactively work with commercial and operational teams on major customer bids.
- Manage key risks & opportunities resultant from contract performance.
- Coach and develop a team of procurement professionals.
You will be an excellent communicator with a high level of verbal and written skills, strong presentational skills and an ability to work to deadlines. You will also be able to disseminate complex information in concise briefing reports.
This is a great opportunity to join a team and take leadership of a function. You will ideally have a strong background in Procurement, having put processes in place in previous organisations, whilst leading a team with diverse coaching needs.
Please send your CV in the first instance and we will schedule a call to discuss further.