Due to the ongoing addition of multiple projects, this global chemicals organisation is looking to strengthen its team with the addition of a new Sourcing Specialist to focus on the construction & machinery equipment category.
Spend is c$10m with a savings target of $1m ideally needing to be achieved for this category.
Although not limited to, some of the commodities and contracts that you will be responsible for procuring and/or managing are:
- Motors, Switchgears, control panels, UPS Systems, Heat Exchangers, Piping, Compressors
You will also be involved in:
- Depot maintenance and sites services as instructed by category managers involving civil, scaffolding, installation, craneage, electricians.
- Negotiation and setting up of equipment spares contracts.
- Capital expenditure.
- Specific site project work such as calibration requirements
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for managing supplier risks and costs for the procurement of commodities for both materials and services related to the assigned business unit. This will also include supporting on new business opportunities to deliver agreed savings.
You will act as a relationship manager with certain business groups and stakeholders to ensure that procurement is fully engaged with the business and service levels are maintained.
Your role supports related commercial activities, in particular those focused around suppliers and working with key suppliers to build a collaborative relationship. The role will be a split of tactical with some strategic procurement. The aim is to deliver in the most efficient and effective manner to support the internal customers to enable the business to deliver on its objectives.
As Sourcing Specialist, your key responsibilities will be:
- Deliver year on year cost reduction and beat inflation costs that contributes to the regional target.
- Minimise supply risks by proactively identifying high risk suppliers and deploying a risk mitigation plan.
- Raise procurement’s profile with the organisation by effectively communicating with stakeholders and sharing successes stories.
- Drive supplier relationship management initiatives with critical suppliers to extract the best value through partnership and driving supplier innovation.
- Drafting and implementing supplier agreements, appraising their performance against agreed KPI’s
- drive execution of the plan for cost reduction, risk reduction and process improvement.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for the respective commodities within the deadlines.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, share and communicate the category plans and provide regular updates.
- Manage projects and other deadlines.
- Participate in service level review agreements for the major contracts with suppliers and resolve commercial issues.
- Identify areas for improvement in procurement to pay process or any other process related to specific business units or commodities, propose, agree and implement the required change for improvements.
- Manage and resolve any conflicts / non-conformance with suppliers related to performance or other issues such as invoice discrepancy.
- Review terms and conditions for new contracts, work with legal team to ensure that all commercial and legal risks are mitigated through appropriate commercial and legal clauses.
- Engage stakeholders at all levels to get the required support on the recommended sourcing strategy. Develop relationship with stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensuring procurement is engaged early in the buying process.
- Drive change management projects and process standardisation across the region and take initiatives to eliminate waste by automating or digitalising the process where applicable.
- Be disciplined and make sure that the right tools and systems are used.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other discipline would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a supply chain related discipline
- SAP knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal direction, and good analytical skills.
- “Hands on” working mentality.
- Demonstrate prioritisation, planning, and follow-up skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
- Capable of handling detailed contract negotiations.
- Experience in leading and developing sourcing strategies.
How to apply:
To discuss the Sourcing Specialist in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.