An innovative FTSE 100 financial services company with transformation and change high on its agenda is seeking a Sourcing Specialist to join its capable and well-established procurement function.
Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you’ll provide specific competitive sourcing and buying capability as required across the entire category management spectrum playing a key role in helping to build out proactive sourcing plans.
The position will span all procurement engagements with a specific focus on elements of the procurement cycle applicable to sourcing such as tenders, RFIs and statements of work/contract and commercial negotiations.
As Sourcing Specialist your key responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out and owning applicable sourcing and procurement activities aligned with category plans
- Leveraging digital technologies to drive competition and reduce cost
- Leveraging digital workflows to look for leakage and new sourcing opportunities
- Identifying new category sourcing projects/opportunities based on pipeline or wider market/category intelligence
- Negotiating required contracts and statements of work to the required standard and aligned to policy and best practice
- Aligning with the new supplier and P2P processes to leverage spend and sourcing impact
- Ensuring procurement activity and supplier relationships are managed in line with the company’s customer experience and treating customers fairly policy
Skills and experience:
- MCIPs or studying towards desirable
- Good procurement/sourcing experience required as well as the ability to draft and negotiate applicable contracts to the required level
- Experience in sourcing/procurement processes and supporting tools
- Experience in contract negotiation & drafting
- Ability to independently draft / review contracts / SoWs
- Cross category knowledge
- Negotiation experience
- Commercial negotiation experience and awareness
Benefits of the Sourcing Specialist role include:
- Up to a 25% bonus
- Private medical
- 15% pension (total contribution)
- 25 days holiday Bonus
How to apply
To discuss the Sourcing Specialist role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.
For all our live procurement roles click here.