This organisation is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to the business. Its core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. The Procurement Department is an energetic and necessary part of the business to enable this change and as such, a new opportunity has been created for a Sourcing Operations Manager to join the team!
As part of the Source-2-Pay team, the Sourcing Operations Manager will lead the general day to day operations of the team, to ensure the right governance, and processes are in place for the Sourcing team to perform to its potential. The role will have responsibility for Supplier Management, Contract Management and Data Management within the Sourcing team and will directly manage a team of two to achieve this.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the creation, maintenance and evolution of all relevant Sourcing policies, business processes, sourcing templates and associated guidance, including the implementation of policy across the group
- Management and leadership of a team of two to create and successfully implement the contract management strategy, regular sourcing and supplier management reporting, and data analytics to support the wider team.
- Progressive education of key stakeholders across the Vitality Group to embed correct sourcing process that delivers value to every third party engagement
- Collaborate with stakeholders from other key business areas including legal, risk, compliance and finance to positively improve the current sourcing, supplier management and contract management processes in order to deliver an incredible sourcing service to the business.
- Assist the source to pay team in delivering value optimisation across the supplier landscape.
- Taking ownership for the ongoing management and future strategy of Third Party Risk within the organisation, to include regular reviews of the current supplier base and due diligence requirements for new providers, ensuring a mitigation of risk.
- Delivering the digitialisation of Third Party risk management to ensure a smoother end to end journey and provide assurance to the Vitality group that our third parties are being managed effectively
- Leading on the evolution of Supplier Management within the team to ensure effective performance, risk and contract management of key providers, and how this is delivered.
- Ownership and development of key technological sourcing assistance tools, including the contract management system, supplier risk systems and other relevant tools.
- Ongoing management of data mapping for third parties to ensure we have the right levels of control and access to Vitality and customer data, to ensure compliance with regulations.
What you will need to demonstrate:
- CIPS qualified
- Proven track record in a Sourcing department, showing implementation of sourcing governance and the positive effect it has had on the organisation
- Proven experience in contract management, supplier management and supplier risk management delivering results in these areas through added value
- People management experience, with a track record of developing inexperienced colleagues to be the best they can be
- Excellent organisation skills and the enthusiasm to strive in a busy environment with strict and demanding deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator who enjoys dealing with internal and external stakeholders and will be a champion and ambassador for the Source-2-Pay team. Strong attention to detail and with a passion for problem solving in order to help the team deliver a great service to its stakeholders
- Extensive proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Significant experience of using purchasing systems and/or contract management systems
It would also be advantageous if you have experience of contract drafting and commercial structures as well as implementing technology within a Sourcing function.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a well known brand with a fantastic culture. To find out more, please apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01962 869838