A leading provider of financial services is looking to add to their Procurement Sourcing team in Bournemouth. Boasting over 6000 employees across 16 UK offices and 5.8 million customers nationwide, the business has been undergoing an exciting period of transformation and Category Management implementation across the Procurement function.
Due to unprecedented business demand across the Procurement division, an opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Sourcing Manager to head up strategic sourcing within the Legal & Claims category. With full autonomy over your working pattern and location, responsibilities will include leading on Sourcing and tender management of mid-to high value contract renewals ranging from £30m-£130m.
The ideal applicant will possess experience in the Procurement within the Legal/Claims area, however high-calibre candidates from other indirect fields will be considered.
- Responsible for contract reviews and Sourcing activity, utilising the Business Sourcing Process (BSP) including developing, issuing, and scoring RFI/P as required to ensure value in the marketplace
- Engaging proactively with stakeholders to ensure best value solutions and all relevant legal/regulatory/technical requirements are included in our requirements to the market and subsequently embedded in our contract with the successful supplier
- Support the Senior/Category Manager by continually reviewing the efficacy, efficiency and security of current supply arrangements, ensuring that contracts remain in force, effective and up to date with market trends, price, customer service competitiveness and regulatory change
- Manage the creation of purchase order requisitions, correctly aligned to the spend categories and nominal ledger codes
- Work collaboratively with the Procurement Practice Team to maximise throughput of activity through the BSP and capacity planning, ensuring quality focused results are produced
- Leverage the use of existing goods/services on the Preferred Supplier Lists, ensuring demand is challenged and then matched to existing product within its inventory before any steps are taken to go to market
- Lead negotiations on mid/high value opportunities. You will have the required skills to draft contracts and appropriate schedules using a suite of approved templates/clauses
- Ensure that the above delivers end-to-end commercial, contractual and relationship lifecycle value, specifically ensuring that optimum routes on business requirements are developed
- Understand cost drivers and value levers when formulating specifications, ensuring value levers are a central part of Procurement activity
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- You must have demonstrable stakeholder management ability with the gravitas to interact and influence at Head of Function level to deliver effective Procurement srategies
- Strong knowledge of commercial models and approach/techniques necessary to achieve best in class sourcing deals, good knowledge in your assigned market and category area
- Proven ability to deliver substantial cost benefit and customer service improvement outcomes
- Good relationship management and networking skills and experience, required for both key stakeholder and supplier engagement
- Sourcing expertise and in-depth knowledge of the BSP to ensure optimum levels of Value are delivered
- Strong negotiation skill set and able influence outcomes
- Demonstrable experience at having successfully drafted contracts and associated schedules of legal Agreements