Due to the creation of a brand-new Procurement function, we have been instructed to recruit two experienced Sourcing Managers (IT & Indirects) to join the expanding Procurement team.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Sourcing Manager will be joining during exciting times in a new and ambitious team who are passionate about shaping the future of Procurement within the business. Driving commerciality into the business is a critical success factor, as well as negotiating strong commercial outcomes.
As Sourcing Manager, you will lead the management and delivery of key sourcing activities, together with responsibility for the commercial and contract negotiations with new and existing suppliers, to support the needs of the business in the achievement of their goals and ambitions. The roles require two strong candidates with a minimum of five years’ experience in Sourcing – specifically with deep expertise in either IT or Professional/Corporate services spend categories.
As Sourcing Manager – IT or Indirects, your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead on, execute and take accountability for the delivery of significant and high complexity sourcing of key IT and/or Professional/Corporate services (e.g. Marketing, Claims, HR, FM, Consulting, Audit, Legal etc) deals for the organisation, including demand/requirements design, identifying potential suppliers, RfX, deal development, commercial and contract negotiation
- Drive maximum and market-leading commercial value from sourcing exercises and negotiations, actively seeking out opportunities which lead to; cost reduction, improved service quality and/or operational efficiency gains for the organisation
- Manage the sourcing initiative pipeline to ensure all required internal/external resources are assigned/available and that each sourcing event is progressed with speed & agility, ensuring they are actively completed within the realistic, yet challenging expectations of key stakeholders
- Understand business requirements, priorities, issues and challenges – having the confidence to challenge the status quo and influence thinking
- Act as Business Partner to specific business functions, and develop strong relationships with their senior management, and supplier relationship managers, in order to quickly understand requirements, priorities and challenges to develop commercial and contract solutions
- Provide thought leadership and relevant market insights to key stakeholders on new opportunities, best practise and next-generation solutions that are relevant, fit for purpose, industry-leading – which present opportunities for the organisation
Guide, advise and coach key stakeholders and relevant assurance functions on all aspects of Procurement (S2P) and ensure that all relevant policies and governance processes are adhered to, ensuring that the business is not unnecessarily exposed to risk
- Develop and contribute to category (and sub-category) strategies for IT and Professional/ Corporate services spend and objectives of the department management and health of strategic supplier relationships in close collaboration with your key stakeholders
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the sourcing of significant and highly complex deals in either IT or Professional/Corporate services spend categories
- High degree of commercial acumen with strong attention to detail, highly numerate with solid analytical skills, an in-depth understanding of what represents business value and how it is delivered within a supplier arrangement
- A proven track-record of highly developed commercial and contract negotiation skills and expertise, demonstrated by the delivery of successful large scale and complex arrangements
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills – experience of being a professional business partner to their respective stakeholders, influential, possessing gravitas and advising with authority
- A high-level influencer – ability to quickly build and develop very trusted relationships with key stakeholders, that may involve persuading and/or countering opposition
- Intellectually inquisitive and keen to develop their own professional knowledge, keeping up to date with latest thinking
- Strong skills in creating impactful presentations on strategic challenges & opportunities for key stakeholders
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams around the business, to drive practical changes to new ways and ideas
- A sustainable and trusted approach to engaging suppliers, creating enduring business relationships with suppliers who are strategic, critical and/or important to the organisation
- Acts with integrity, openness and honesty, is positive, driven, resilient and enthusiastic with a proactive and positive approach; willing to make suggestions and raise new ideas.
Benefits of the Sourcing Manager – IT or Indirects role include:
- A competitive pension for which the organisation will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 10 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
How to apply:
To discuss the Sourcing Manager IT or Indirects role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.