A well-established utilities organisation in Berkshire is undertaking a procurement transformation at present and requires a Sourcing Manager.
Reporting to the Commercial Business Partner, the Sourcing Manager will lead the Indirects Category on high profile, multimillion strategic sourcing projects.
You will play an instrumental part in redesigning and reshaping the future of indirect procurement of the company.
This is a category that touches every area of the business and as such you will be exposed to a broad range of stakeholders from mid-management to executive level.
You will be part of a well-established, highly commercial, shareholder-owned business that delivers a truly essential service to 4m customers.
You will work alongside a brilliant team with a strong mix of experience and an excellent leader driving it.
This is a period of exciting growth and transformation for the organisation and an excellent time to join their team.
As Sourcing Manager for Indirects your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead 3-4 concurrent strategic projects generally ranging in spend from 1million to 15million annually.
- Work on high profile projects reshaping the Indirects procurement function.
- Engage with business users at a mid-management through to executive level, ensuring high-quality service and the appropriate challenge is provided.
Skills and experience needed:
- A strong track record of success in category management.
- Ability to act as a critical friend to stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A thirst to develop knowledge and expertise around your categories/markets.
- Ability to write concise, meaningful reports and presentations in areas such as category planning, sourcing strategy, risk management strategy
- Indirect category management experience