A new opportunity has arisen for a Sourcing Manager – CAPEX/NEC to join a leading utilities provider in the UK. The CAPEX team has recently gone through a change of leadership with a new head of department as a result of a promotion.
Reporting to one of the CAPEX Business Partners, the Sourcing Manager will be involved in a variety of major infrastructure projects worth c£50m with an average length of 12-18 months and will be dealing with everything that goes into sourcing for those projects.
This is an organisation that has continued to operate during Covid without redundancies or furlough. If anything, their products are in demand more heavily than they were before. A new CEO has since been appointed and starts in October.
Due to the stringent nature surrounding the regulatory requirements for the projects, the successful individual must have CAPEX, OJEU and NEC contracts experience or their application will not be considered.
As Sourcing Manager – CAPEX/NEC, your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead strategy development for specific complex projects and create compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas that challenge current ways of working and deliver the best value
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement. Follow sourcing methodology and demonstrate that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health, and safety & well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Ensure that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, the best value, and fulfilling customers’ expectations
- Demonstrate leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment, and best-practice and contribute to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects and challenging others to do the same
- Apply a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions, whilst at all times cognisant of being a company ambassador, as well as independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion to Stakeholder Management
- Build deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels alongside working with stakeholders on the responsibilities for contract launch and prepare for handover to the Contract Management team for in-contract management
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects the following elements:
- CAPEX, OJEU and NEC contracts experience. This is a mandatory requirement
- Multiple years’ experience of strategic sourcing in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Some industry and business knowledge
- Track record in delivering against stretching benefits targets.
- Experience in managing multi £m business transformational project
- Excellent proven commercial and contractual acumen and solid negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service ethic
How to apply:
To discuss the Sourcing Manager – CAPEX/NEC role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.