Based on the outskirts of busy Bristol, this cutting-edge engineering solutions company is seeking a Sourcing Lead to work in a brand-new office to support the most important services in the country.
The Emergency Services require a whole host of support and the Sourcing Lead role sits on the front line ensuring that the fleet is fully equipped with the best engines, applications and parts. This FTSE 250 is taking an innovative approach to funnelling their spend with cost-saving activities of which this role will heavily influence.
With a spend of £80m and working with 800 suppliers, your main focus will be sourcing activities for a number of high profile projects and devising category strategies for the commodities for each. The first step will be the relationship building as there is a fundamental need for SRM activity. With the number of projects and the view to tap into more of the Emergency Services, this company strongly encourage this role to be out in the market, meeting stakeholders at a variety of BU’s and understanding their requirements. There will be travel of 2-3 days a week.
The sourcing activity will be across five categories. If you are serious about sourcing, passionate about the automotive industry and fancy the chance to take your skills into an industry nationally recognised, then this is the role for you. This is an important role, working for a company offering a breadth of opportunity so please get in contact.
Working in a small, high-performing team, the Sourcing Lead will need the following experience:
- Automotive product knowledge
- Sourcing activity knowledge or experience
- Efficiency in procurement with cost-saving acumen and a keenness to be part of change
- MCIPS or working towards
- 5+ years of Procurement experience
- Supplier management experience
- IT literate and good keyboard skills.
- High Excel proficiency
- Sound knowledge of Procurement and Supply Chain Management processes
An ambition to manage the following responsibilities:
- Sourcing activity
- Proactively managed approved vendor base with associated due diligence
- Establish contract/framework agreements with suppliers
- Support the delivery of sufficient levels of quality goods and services to sustain operational output within the project budget
- Develop strategic relationship plans for key suppliers that capture the business requirements and work with the supplier’s strengths
- The maintenance of supply performance; undertaking regular supplier reviews
- Support the maintenance of accurate open order commitments; all orders must be scheduled with accurate delivery dates
- Undertake sourcing activity and establish framework agreements
- Select suppliers that are the right size and shape for the business requirement
- Be able to demonstrate that purchasing decisions have taken account of stock levels, buy/repair analysis and obsolescence liabilities
With a strong emphasis on career progression and upskilling, the Sourcing Lead role is an exceptional opportunity to make your mark in a brand new business unit within a well-established, well-regarded company.
Benefits of the Sourcing Lead role include:
- Company pension
- 25 days’ paid holiday
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. All enquiries are handled confidentially.