A leading insurance business is embarking on a complete transformation of their Procurement team and is on a mission to create a best in class function.
This means revolutionising the way they approach procurement to result in a more strategic way of working, ensuring value add while maintaining a competitive edge and remaining agile.
Reporting to the Head of Business Services, the Sourcing Business Partner will lead business stakeholders through the process of sourcing technology and business services while continuously reviewing the efficacy, efficiency and security of the current supply chain and proactively seeking out opportunities to remain competitive.
You’ll need to build and maintain key business and stakeholder relationships to form a true working partnership, leveraging the talent within your team to become a recognised Centre of Excellence.
This is an organisation that has grown through acquisition and as such, the IT infrastructure is complex. The role would suit someone who is a generalist or who has veered more towards IT Category experience in their career.
This is a highly regulated environment and you need to be comfortable with the pace and complexity that this brings along with understanding the restrictions and nuances at the same time.
As Sourcing Business Partner your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for contract reviews and sourcing activity, ensuring compliance with the Business Sourcing Process (BSP)
- Support the management of software assets to ensure compliance (technology only)
- Engaging proactively with stakeholders to ensure best value solutions and all relevant legal/regulatory/technical requirements are included in the requirements to the market and subsequently embedded in the contract with the successful supplier
- Develop relationships with suppliers to deliver efficiencies and manage risk
- Manage the creation of purchase order requisitions, correctly aligned to the spend categories and nominal ledger codes
- Understand cost drivers and value levers when formulating specifications, ensuring value levers are a central part of sourcing activity
- Regularly feedback suggested improvements to the BSP to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Identify, manage and mitigate commercial and supply chain risk
- Ensure awareness of performance and quality issues within the business area, and provide commercial and contractual support for any interventions required
Skills and experience required:
- You must have demonstrable stakeholder management ability with the gravitas to interact and influence at Head of Function level to deliver effective Sourcing strategies across the business
- Strong leadership skills and behaviours
- Strong knowledge of commercial models and approach/techniques necessary to achieve best in class sourcing deals, good knowledge in your assigned market and category area
- Proven ability to deliver substantial cost-benefit and customer service improvement outcomes
- Very strong understanding of the customer journey and how to continually improve service as a key differentiator in the marketplace
- Good relationship management and networking skills and experience, required for both key stakeholder and supplier engagement
- Sourcing expertise and in-depth knowledge of the BSP to ensure optimum levels of value are delivered
- Strong negotiation skill set and ability to influence outcomes
- Demonstrable experience at having successfully drafted contracts and associated schedules of legal agreements
- Dynamic and self-motivated style with an ability to deliver at pace and drive change
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to plan, prioritise and deliver work to timescales
- A high level of PC literacy across the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong attention to detail and the capability to assess and mitigate relationship issues and commercial risk
Benefits of the Sourcing Business Partner role include:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Up to 30% bonus
To discuss the Sourcing Business Partner role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.