A leading Financial Services Provider has created a Sourcing and Supplier Manager role to lead on the Marketing Category.
As part of the Source to Pay team, the Sourcing and Supplier Manager will be responsible for end-to-end sourcing and supplier management activities for specific spend areas totalling c£30m. This includes the identification, engagement and onboarding of third parties for products and services; the ongoing management of existing supplier base; and the category management of areas of spending to drive the best value. Your stakeholders are based in London and there will be a requirement to travel to London weekly.
As Sourcing and Supplier Manager (Marketing) your key responsibilities will be:
- Work with key stakeholders to identify valid business requirements in terms of Assurance of Supply, Quality, Services Performance, Cost, Innovation and Regulatory Compliance
- Research the market to identify potential suppliers and then manage RFI/RFP activities to find the best sourcing solution that meets both business and commercial requirements and negotiate the best deals possible with shortlisted suppliers to achieve the best value
- Implement robust contracts and service schedules with selected suppliers in order to maximise business value, the mitigation of risk and liaise with Legal as required
- Drive change by building strong relationships through business partnering with key stakeholders to ensure sourcing strategies are aligned with business strategy
- Consolidate suppliers – ensure strategic vendors are leveraged and reduce the overall volume of vendors performing similar services
- Identify and implement spend reduction/savings opportunities
- Provide effective management of supplier relationships, this includes ensuring that suppliers are managed within the SRM framework, managing all associated risk and compliance activities, driving post-contract value and stakeholder management
- Perform ongoing supplier management and assurance activities across a portfolio of gold-rated suppliers to help effectively manage service performance, cost and risk in its supply chain
- Act as an escalation point for issues with suppliers and support the business in the resolution of issues.
- Implement supplier contingency plans
- Effectively manage a portfolio of contracts via the Contract Lifecycle Management process and identify efficiency improvements and cost savings, whilst enabling the business to maintain required service levels and mitigate risk
Skills and experience required:
- Hold a sourcing recognised qualification, i.e. MCIPS
- Have a proven track record in a sourcing environment, with a history of savings delivery
- Have impressive experience of negotiations with suppliers to deliver value and mitigate contractual risk
- Show a broad understanding of contract drafting, service definition, performance and commercial structures
- Have a proven record of effective category management, demonstrating the implementation of sourcing strategy, supplier rationalisation and supplier innovation
- Show a strong understanding of supplier management, including analysis supplier risk and the mitigation of this through business continuity and exit planning
- Be adept at thinking logically and analytically, with the ability to effectively understand, summarise, and make recommendations on complex subjects
- Be able to communicate, influence, and network with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possess great attention to detail and a strong desire to seek ways to deliver continuous improvement
- Be capable of effectively managing workload and prioritising demand in order to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations
- Possess a positive level of proficiency of desktop applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Hold a qualification in project management
- Possess specific knowledge within the Marketing sourcing category
- Demonstration of business-critical project delivery
Benefits of the Sourcing and Supplier Manager role include:
- 16% bonus
To discuss the Sourcing and Supplier Manager (Marketing) role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.