Due to significant investment and some recent acquisitions, a leading Defence organisation in North Hampshire is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Manager to operate across one of their Manufacturing business units. The role is responsible for driving the cost-effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects.
The Senior Supply Chain Manager has both internal and external recognition as an expert and is responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and collaboration with business leadership to develop the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
Sourcing exercises will be initiated both by internal stakeholders to work on cost centre funded projects, or subcontracts in support of customer-funded work. Work in this area is focused around high tech, niche goods and services.
As Senior Supply Chain Manager (Manufacturing) your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Category Procurement Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale. Conversely, the Senior Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for identifying repeat requirements from the projects pipeline and placing demands on the Category Procurement Team to deliver suitable, long term contracting mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
Skills and experience required:
- Advanced manufacturing processes, techniques and associated supply chains.
- Influencing, creating and executing strategic Make Vs. Buy decisions.
- Global strategic sourcing of high technology goods and services.
- Management and mitigation of supply chain risk & creation of opportunity.
- Adept at business relationship management; internally and externally facing.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
In applications for the Senior Supply Chain Manager role we will be looking for:
- Ability to manage and support others through the bidding processes.
- Understands the impact of external customer requirements, recommends and executes solutions to minimise risk and significantly improve the probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Influences adjacent functional team members to improve solution design or commercial offering.
- Is recognised as an expert within the business, through the provision of specialist depth /breadth knowledge.
- Working independently to solve challenging problems, with the guidance required in only the most demanding situations.
- Execution of best practice within the function.
- Ability to lead functional teams as may be required.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt the pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and ability to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the conversation towards decisions needed.
- Has the technical skill combined with sufficient gravitas to be recognised as a subject matter expert
- Highly customer-focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results-oriented. Keeps the organisation on track and delivery oriented.
To discuss the Senior Supply Chain (Manufacturing) role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.