A FTSE 250 defence organisation is currently in the midst of a huge transformation having expanded their current team by over 25%.
This organisation is looking for an experienced procurement professional to join their Major Equipment & Investment team.
Your role will be working on exciting aircraft and aerospace projects in a newly formed supply chain division. You will gain detailed exposure to the complex aviation regulations and challenges facing the industry whilst gaining the experience to manage multi-million-pound capital expenditure projects.
As Senior Supply Chain Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Negotiates favourable terms, using the appropriate contract form with knowledge of the Civil and Military Aviation rules and procurement requirements
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Project Teams and Group Property to identify opportunities to utilise supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
To work for this leading-edge defence organisation, you will require the following experience:
- Knowledge of the Civil and Military Aviation rules and procurement requirements
- Working independently to solve challenging problems, with guidance required in only the most demanding situations.
- Execution of best practice within the function.
- Ability to lead functional teams as may be required.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
- Has the technical skill combined with sufficient gravitas to be recognised as a subject matter expert
- Highly customer-focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results-oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented.
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Strong Procurement category expertise within aircraft/aerospace projects
- Strong knowledge of what best-in-class category management looks like, coupled with the knowledge of how to achieve it
- A strong understanding of contract management and procurement’s role in delivering these processes
- Global strategic sourcing of high technology goods and services.
- Management and mitigation of supply chain risk & creation of opportunity.
- Adept at business relationship management; internally & externally facing.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Supply Chain Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.