This FTSE 250 defence organisation is currently looking for an experienced Procurement professional to join the Manufacturing & Disruptive Technology team to be based in Farnborough.
In the midst of a huge transformation, having expanded their current team by over 25%, this business offers huge scope to expand and grow your career.
Your role will be responsible for liaising with internal stakeholders to develop a market-changing idea from generation to production. This is an exciting opportunity to set up complex supply chains from scratch to ensure the best price for production can be achieved.
As Senior Supply Chain Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Category Procurement Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
To work for this exciting defence organisation, you will require the following experience:
- Ability to manage and support others through the bidding processes.
- Understands the impact of external customer requirements, recommends and executes solutions to minimise risk and significantly improve the probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Influences adjacent functional team members to improve solution design or commercial offering.
- Is recognised as an expert within the business, through the provision of specialist depth /breadth knowledge.
- Working independently to solve challenging problems, with the guidance required in only the most demanding situations.
- Execution of best practice within the function.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt the pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Advanced manufacturing processes, techniques and associated supply chains.
- Influencing, creating and executing strategic Make Vs. Buy decisions.
- Global strategic sourcing of high technology goods and services.
- Management and mitigation of supply chain risk & creation of opportunity.
- Adept at business relationship management; internally & externally facing.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Supply Chain Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.