We are working with a leading, global defence business to help appoint a Senior Supply Chain Manager for one of their largest and most successful business streams.
The company has significant and aggressive growth strategy planned for the next five years and as a result need a strong, hands-on, Senior Supply Chain Manager with the ability to drive performance and efficiency within a complex supply chain.
Based on the South Coast and reporting to the business stream leader – with a dotted line into the central supply chain – the Senior Supply Chain Manager will manage a team of around 40 supply chain and procurement professionals and you will be responsible for the direction and management of all of the associated supply chain activities including procurement, sub-contract management, logistics, stores, demand planning and materials availability.
As Senior Supply Chain Manager your responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the creation, delivery, and governance of the business stream Supply Chain strategy
- Ensure appropriate deployment of people and resource across the function to enable the team to deliver a best in class supply chain operation.
- Take a lead role in liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Providing demand planning services for all materials across all client contracts and projects.
- Managing all on-site partners and collaborating to ensure material availability in line with programme demands.
- Develop and place contract mechanisms which deliver and maintain an effective service offering
- Overall responsibility for logistics and stores.
- Participate in bid management and give advice that will help secure future contracts.
Skills and experience required for the Senior Supply Chain Manager role:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all areas of supply chain management.
- An ability to effectively manage and mentor the supply chain teams as well as the associated processes and systems.
- Experience of working in an operational environment at a senior or leadership level
- An ability to deliver change management geared towards effective outcomes.
As part of the business stream leadership team, you will need to need to be an expert at engaging with people at all levels including senior clients and stakeholders and have an ability to challenge traditional thinking whilst taking the team on the journey of process and operational improvement in order to deliver a high performing supply chain function.
We are looking for a driven, motivated leader with a strong team ethic who is customer orientated.