A US-listed chemicals and gases organisation is expanding the team due to some key projects due to be rolled out globally that have recently been signed off.
Reporting to the Regional Subcontracts Manager, the Senior Subcontracts Manager will be responsible for managing key projects throughout their lifecycle and must be experienced in claims and EPC contracting.
Working with Global Product teams, you will:
- Identify and qualify EPC companies, engineering and construction contractors
- Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for constructions subcontract categories aligning to project requirements
As Senior Subcontracts Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop base intelligence strategies to ensure the company benefits from latest supply offering
- Bring innovative solutions to maximise value proposition for products and bid opportunities.
- Effectively utilise e-Sourcing tools to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
- Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
- Develop and negotiate framework engineering agreements to support the competitive offering.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximise leverage and minimise risk.
- Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery.
- Identify, develop, and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and maintain interface at senior level within their organisations.
- Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution issues when relevant
- Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have extensive EPC experience ideally gained from an Oil & Gas environment paired with strong contractual and claims knowledge
- Strong influencing, communication, and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
- Strong understanding of macro-economic factors
- Financial and Business acumen
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
- Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
Benefits of the Senior Subcontracts Manager includes:
- Up to £90k
- 5.6k car allowance
- 11% bonus
- 4% EE and 8% ER pension contribution
- 26 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Subcontracts Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.