A well-respected healthcare technology company is seeking a Senior Strategic Buyer to join their procurement team.
The purpose of the Senior Strategic Buyer role is to manage direct material spend across a number of commodities, achieving results for quality, cost and on-time delivery.
The role would suit someone with prior experience in direct materials procurement for a manufacturing or engineering company.
Reporting to the Global Head of Procurement, the successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders across the Americas, Europe and China/APAC regions to develop sustainable sourcing strategies and implementation plans.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Strategic Buyer include:
- Support in the development of global sourcing strategies for allocated commodities taking due account of stakeholder mapping, spend analysis, understanding of current and future demands, supplier improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans in order to secure business continuity.
- Responsible for the selection of suppliers in compliance with the sourcing process whilst ensuring selection is robust and fit for purpose.
- Negotiate best practice terms with suppliers.
- Ensure robust supply agreements are in place with key suppliers.
- Monitor and improve supplier’s performance on cost, quality, delivery, service and contract compliance.
- Encourage open book costing and competitive tendering
- Takes initiative on achieving the lowest total cost of ownership through negotiation, value engineering, low-cost country sourcing, supplier reduction and supplier consolidation.
- Develop & maintain a thorough understanding of relevant global supplier market(s)
- Maintain system parameters and data integrity for Procurement systems.
- Continuously develop and maintain supplier relationship management strategies including a governance structure and use of regular business reviews ensuring an inclusive approach to supplier management.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction, efficiency and supplier quality improvement strategies and implement these.
- Contribute to developing and implementing procurement best practices
Role requirements for the Senior Strategic Buyer:
- Previous Buying or Category Management experience ideally for direct materials and within a Manufacturing environment.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) certification desirable
- Experience with contract management and awareness and understanding of contractual law
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels
- Confident negotiator at a senior level. Experience having managed a complex global supply base is desirable
- Previous experience of working with purchasing systems
Essential skills we will be seeking in the successful candidate:
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of sourcing strategy deployment, financial concepts and the ability to create business cases
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills
- Successful, track record in a procurement organisation
- Well-developed IT skills
- Fluent in English and other languages advantageous
- Passion for reducing costs – exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish new approaches to sourcing
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment and work independently
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent tasks
- Promotes a dynamic, empowered and open work environment
How to apply:
This is a fast-moving vacancy, with a client who can move to interview and hire very quickly, so please apply today to be considered.