An ambitious growth project is underway at an exciting Research and Education organisation in Hampshire, creating new opportunities for a Senior Sourcing and Contracts Manager.
Due to significant investment and new business endeavours within Property, infrastructure and research, the post-holder will be the strategic lead for supplier management, commercial contract management, and contract spend compliance across all categories of spend. You will lead a central team responsible for sourcing purchase requests, manage workload and ensure all processes are lean and customer focused.
- Setting strategy delivering best practice contract management driving compliance across all areas of company spend ensuring value for money.
- Working with category leads and ensuring that issues and lessons learnt are built into future procurement projects
- To lead commercial contract management with external suppliers across the whole breadth of company procurement activity.
- Manage a team responsible for implementing contracts, supplier relationship management and, when appropriate, closing down contracts.
- To be accountable for the buying process under £25k and manage the central buying team, ensuring processes drive compliance and value for money
- To develop and lead contract management best practice to drive continuous improvement and Value for Money from contracts. Lead the interface with the wider team, work collegiately and ensure information and best practice are shared regularly.
- To be accountable for the strategic and operational objectives relating to supplier and contract management. Ensuring appropriate measures are in place to manage key supplier relationships, undertake regular reviews with supplier account managers and deal with supplier performance issues ensuring SLA/KPIs are met by suppliers.
- Manage the central contracts and sourcing teams, ensuring staff are motivated and trained to a high standard.
Skills & Experience:
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of a professional qualification or postgraduate degree (such as MCIPS), or significant professional relevant knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable work experience delivering supplier and contracts management
- Demonstrable experience developing, implementing and delivering key contracts, demonstrating substantial changes to activity from stakeholders
- Proven successful and significant experience of working at a strategic level and senior level within a large, complex and multi-disciplinary organisation
- Understanding of the strategic context for procurement & contract management within a large and complex organisation
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Tom on 01962 869838 or click “apply”.