My client in Surrey has the immediate need for a Senior Project Procurement Manager to join the business in preparation for a major project to commence in January.
They are an established business which is really going places in the clean fuels and sustainability arena. The requirement for a Senior Procurement Project Manager is a direct result of a major 3-year project in this space, with a total value of $3 billion.
The incumbent will play a vital role in this most important investment area, presiding over a $1 billion package of infrastructure investment.
Later the expectation will be for the incumbent to join a wider execution team in Germany, either on a Monday to Friday or full residential basis.
Frequent travel to Saudi Arabia during the project will be required.
The Senior Project Procurement Manager is charged with the efficient and effective material control of the project equipment and materials from planning through sourcing, expediting, inspection, transport, and receipt.
The Senior Project Procurement Manager is expected to develop competitive sourcing strategies, actively engage suppliers, professionally negotiate purchase orders, and resolve performance issues.
This position challenges technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost-effective solutions. Strong planning, project management, cost control, sourcing, communication, and negotiating skills are required to succeed in this challenging role.
The position requires a proven, demonstrable track record of executing large EPC projects as a PPM. Furthermore, the successful applicants will be a strong and established leader. While the role has no direct reporting lines it will manage a project team of circa 10 Expeditors, Inspectors and Project Logistics personnel.
Although this project will be the primary focus for the role in the short term, this is a great opportunity for an individual who can manage further major projects or transition to a Head of Procurement remit. My client offers the stability of employment and development opportunities seldom found in the EPC setting.
In the Senior Project Procurement Manager role accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Exemplify the leadership competencies daily: Lead & Inspire; Manage Execution; Strategic Mindset
- Regional lead for project procurement function, working closely with Global Functional Owner (GFO) and other regional leads to review and improve procedures, processes and systems
- Manage project resource planning, working with Regional Directors to ensure resourcing for planned project work.
- Direct the project Procurement team and work closely with the Project Manager to successfully plan and execute the Procurement scope
- Act as a single point of contact between the Procurement team and the Project Execution team on the assigned project.
- Interface at senior management levels within the suppliers’ organisations to represent the company’s interests. Manage warranty claims, back charges, and liquidated damages
- Communicate and develop execution strategies to respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximise leverage and minimise risk.
- Negotiate with Suppliers to obtain globally competitive price, delivery, and contract terms.
- Liaise frequently with Expeditors, Inspection Leads, and Transportation Specialists to ensure exceptional execution
- Manage budget for Capital Procurement scope of the project, including the equipment/materials costs as well as the Procurement hours expended
- Work with a cross-functional team to manage supplier qualification status and performance
- Monitor global market conditions and business drivers to maximise leverage and minimise risk.
- Review and analyse material status reports and communicate risks and problem areas to Project Manager on regular basis.
Critical competencies for the Senior Project Procurement Manager:
- Team Leadership
- Excellence in supplier negotiation
- Sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with internal and external customers
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills
- Ability to bring teams together to resolve issues and achieve targets and goals
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies and procurement work processes
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
Essential experience and qualifications for the Senior Project Procurement Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Engineering or Business Management
- Strong and varied experience in Technical, Engineering, Commercial or Project environment
- Senior PPM experience on large EPC projects of similar value and a strong track record in project management
- Track record of successfully managing and developing teams
- Accreditation from Supply Chain industry organisation (i.e. MCIPS, CPSM)
- Knowledge of commercial purchasing procedures and practice, including aspects of negotiation and contract law
- Familiar with SAP and SmartPlant Materials
- German language would be of benefit but not essential
- UK based with the ability to work in Germany and travel to Saudi regularly for the duration of this project
How to apply:
A generous salary and package and relocation support are on offer. To discuss the role in more depth please contact Katie Dunbar at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07387 103143. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.