Broad role including strategic procurement and stakeholder management across multiple projects, with some staff management responsibilities.
Strategic procurement including:
- Invitations to quote/tender and the commercial evaluation of complex procurements based on the total acquisition and full life costing principles.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and contractors to deliver value for money outcomes that are duly evidenced.
- Authorisation and placement of orders and contracts with conversion to catalogues and subsequent management as required.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders across the specialities developing protocols to rationalise both product and service.
- Support the divisions and corporate departments through leadership on contract claims and dispute resolution to ensure contract compliance, delivery and performance.
- Oversee a sourcing workstream that embraces working with an operating model aligned to the procurement strategy and target operating model
- Develop and implement the strategy for a varied purchasing portfolio consisting of goods, services or works, ensuring that all procurement is undertaken in accordance with European Public Procurement Regulations (PCR 15)
- Identify and negotiate the most effective level and method of purchase to meet the needs of the customer and deliver significant savings
- Produce procurement non-pay and or capital plans setting priorities with clinical and non-clinical specialities.
- Provide input into the procurement strategy and operating plan as required and support its implementation. Help develop policies and procedures aligned to the strategy.
- Deliver commercially robust contracts with significant benefits
- Act as the procurement divisional or corporate department lead for the acquisition of consumables, equipment and services
- Head project, pre-tender and tender assessment meetings which may include trials and evaluations
- Manage and develop all staff reporting and recommend on training and development needed
Key responsibilities and results areas:
- Influencing but not limited to c£30 million (variable) non-pay for a category sourcing workstream, with a focus on collaboration.
- Produce and deliver the annual category sourcing workstream work plan, working with key stakeholders
- Ensure proper control is exercised and value for money evidenced from the procurement of goods, services and works, compliant with EU Public Procurement Regulations (PCR15)
- Lead and conduct high value, detailed and complex procurements
- Benchmark with internal and external market leaders to explore ways of improving the efficiency and effectiveness for sourcing and contract management, forming collaborative partnerships
- Participate in trials for new products and services
- Review, develop and maintain key suppliers for each product grouping
- Monitor and review with suppliers their performance against contracts, taking appropriate action as required.
- Work with the Supply Chain Managers in supply arrangement negotiations to achieve the lowest real cost at the point of use
- Deputise for the Deputy Head of Sourcing and undertake any other assignments as allocated