This leading FTSE 250 financial services group is recruiting a Senior Procurement Operations Manager to be based in East Sussex. The pivotal role will see you evolve and then run all the operational processes that are required to run an effective Procurement Operation.
The Senior Procurement Operations Manager role will be pivotal in the evolution and continued success of the procurement and supply chain management operations of the business. Engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, the role holder will implement a programme of change to implement a robust, efficient and business-centric procurement operation.
As Senior Procurement Operations Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead development, application and training of robust procurement policies and processes, developing toolkits and controls as required to manage adherence and make processes easy for users, including our suppliers, to engage with
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management Framework application and adherence from the centre, establishing robust adherence monitoring and reporting alongside training for business leaders
- Lead the forecasting of procurement resource requirements, ongoing work stacks for the team, time to complete and considering upcoming initiatives and renewals to manage the delivery of all activity in line with agreed business SLAs
- Lead a robust due diligence process, implementing best practice approaches and ensuring appropriate resource and time is allocated to complete in line with target signing dates.
- Agree on target signing dates with procurement leads, business owners, legal and diligence leads and suppliers to ensure alignment on priority and urgency of contract signing – then measure delivery against agreed timeframes and communicate any changes consistently and in good time.
- Support aggregation and prioritisation of the procurement pipeline and ensure that the pipeline, target signing dates, and prioritisation are being communicated clearly across the organisation.
- Take accountability for supplier master data management and establish and maintain a process to provide effective spend reporting to the Procurement team
- Conclude the implementation of supplier relationship management system and establish more robust governance control reporting and supplier performance analysis and reporting.
- Procurement team performance data collection, reporting, and analysis, such as savings reporting
- Leverage procurement best practices such as reverse auctions, working with procurement leads to select and implement any tools required.
- Establish a framework for supplier auditing
- Lead contract adequacy review and contract summarisation processes
- Maintain visibility of upcoming contract renewals and consider for each contract at what stage tenders should be scheduled, or if no tender is planned when contract renewal discussions should take place.
In applications we will be looking for:
- At least 4-5 years of experience of a similar Procurement Operations role, preferably gained in the Financial Services sector.
- Ability to implement a programme of change, moving at pace, but keeping all team members and stakeholders on board
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Operations Manager role include:
- £5k car allowance
- 10% bonus
- 27 days annual leave
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Senior Procurement Operations Manager role in more depth please contact Ruper Gaster at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.