A leading FTSE 250 Services organisation in the UK is embarking on a significant Procurement transformation project. With a relatively new CPO at the helm, they are wanting to move away from working as separate legal entities and operate under one vision and as a result, standardise how Procurement works within the organisation.
With over 200 offices, this is a major project and will require high calibre individuals to join the business and help drive the overall strategy.
As a result of this transformation, a Procurement Operations team has been set up in Bristol with a view to providing management information, data tools, e sourcing activities and all administrative requirements to enable the Category Managers to focus on Strategic Sourcing activities. The team is circa 12-15 people strong and consists of Procurement Executives, Procurement Specialists and Procurement Managers. Your role is to provide strong leadership, development and guidance to the Procurement Operations team and ensure the smooth running of all Procurement Operations activity across the business.
Your team will be based in Bristol and the expectation is that you will be visible on a weekly basis. However, the organisation do offer flexible working and working from home two days per week is commonplace for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- This role is a leadership position within the Procurement team and will report into the Head of Strategic Procurement. The role acts across all Business Units and leads the Procurement Operations team
- Deliver procurement strategies, with particular focus on managing the Procurement Ops team to deliver Exceptional Value, Every Day. This means ensuring supply chain solutions are fit for purpose, aligned to business need and represent lowest total cost, best service, highest quality, ethical & sustainable supply with relevant impactful supply base innovation.
- Management and development of the Procurement Ops team ensuring rigorous professional sourcing activity, data integrity, Supplier Relationship Management, bid support and contract mobilisation
- Work closely with key stakeholders, especially the Heads of Strategic Procurement and Strategic Procurement Managers, to aligned procurement plans & delivery with business requirements
- Reporting to the Head of Strategic Procurement, implement the procurement operating model into Procurement Ops, across six strategic priorities of People, Cost, Technology, Customer, Process & Suppliers
- Lead benchmarking, price reviews, market intelligence and supplier audits for procurement
- A track record in managing operational procurement delivery and high performing teams
- First class interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to influence, challenge and negotiate with wide range of knowledgeable clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Significant people management and operational procurement experience
- Experience in delivering exceptional procurement value in a complex environment
This is a fast paced, low margin, customer centric organisation. Nothing is being made and therefore relationship building both internally and externally is essential in order to be successful in this role.
To find out more, please apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01962 869838