A globally recognised and award-winning financial services organisation is recruiting a Senior Buyer.
With a strong emphasis on upskilling and professional development, the business can offer you CIPS sponsorship together with flexible working, although some travel to its head office on a monthly basis will be required.
A people-focussed and ambitious company, you will be joining at an exciting time, as it continues to expand both organically and through acquisition with a key focus on adding top talent (like you!) to its Procurement function.
To thrive in this role, you’ll be a qualified Procurement professional who is looking to build on a career within a forward-thinking, blue-chip organisation, working at a strategic level with internal stakeholders/external suppliers to optimise the value delivered for the whole group.
As Senior Buyer (Data) your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivering on agreed category targets and service delivery
- Partnering and developing effective relationships with the category service teams to ensure the right supplier base is in place that delivers the right quality, price and required due diligence
- Coordinating and leading Procurement initiatives and developing the category strategy, aligned with the Procurement corporate plan and global initiatives and wider projects
- Supporting all sourcing and supplier management activities
- Leading the development and implementation of category strategies and sourcing processes across all business units to ensure the lowest cost of ownership
- Conducting market analysis, negotiation and contracting activities with suppliers based on strategic aspects
- Conducting tactical and strategic sourcing projects (including vendor screening) via approved channels and facilitates storage of associated contracts as per agreed processes
- Managing risk through robust due diligence practices in alignment with existing guidance and processes.
Skills and experience:
To be a success in this role, you will have proven experience of managing/working in procurement, ideally in a challenging corporate environment, as well as the following:
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering cost savings and other added value benefits
- Excellent stakeholder management with senior-level exposure
- Knowledge of Contract Law and ability to work alongside our in-house legal team for contract negotiations
- Experience in working with Ariba or other strategic e-sourcing platforms is advantageous
- Basic understanding of the P2P process, but not essential
- CIPS qualified or working towards qualification (preferred).
- A business degree is advantageous
- Full UK driving licence.
Benefits of the Senior Buyer (Data) role include:
- CIPS sponsorship
- Remote working
- Life cover
- Discretionary bonus
- 5% matched pension
- 4 x life cover
- 25 days holiday