If working for a multinational, world famous brand interests you then read on! This role, a Senior Procurement Manager, will take ownership for the Buildings & Facilities and Waste Management category for the organisation.
A European role, you will be responsible for developing and executing category strategies. The main objectives are to optimise procurement costs and processes as well as to ensure quality and security of supply for all materials and services purchased in the category (Buildings & Facilities and Waste Management) which includes all Soft and Hard FM and Waste Management Services.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Take a leading role in understanding business requirements, supplier negotiation strategy development and negotiation execution
- Optimise supplier performance via the SRM programme, carry out RFIs / RFPs, run negotiations and manage contracts
- Deliver supply agreements in accordance with strategy objectives to ensure delivery of optimum business results
- Lead the team and create an engaging environment that motivates people, fosters learning, creativity, integrity and continuous improvement.
- Create a learning organization, which adapts and changes to meet business needs.
- Deliver cost savings through negotiation and realization of cost reduction projects.
- Accurately forecast and budget pricing for raw materials and service costs
- Deliver forecasted budgets, ensuring communication of any variance at the earliest opportunity completely with potential business impact.
- Initiate necessary business decisions to generate operating and financial benefit.
- Develop creative, value focused sourcing strategies and identify new sources of supply
- Improve Category CRS Performance through increasing level of recyclable/recycled materials, exceeding category material avoidance target and identifying further pipeline opportunities
- Develop business plans for all relevant components & services
- Manage exposure to legal action due to intellectual property rights violation
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience of Procurement or category management experience within Hard FM, proven customer orientation, personal development and leadership skills, be a strategic thinker and have excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience of influencing at a senior level.
You will have experience in negotiating complex, high volume contracts and demonstrate the capacity to evaluate issues analytically and commercially. You will have strong project and change management skills and team management experience.
Fluent English is essential and proficiency in other European Languages (German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian) is an advantage.
If you are a match for this role then do apply with an updated CV highlighting your relevant experience or call Paul on 01962 869838 to discuss further.