A leading Defence Technology organisation in Hampshire is embarking on its next phase of recruitment due to growth.
The Procurement team is best in class and at the heart of every decision. The Senior Procurement Manager (Space) will focus on working with the Bids and Business Development teams to win and deliver bids into the growing international customer base.
There are a significant number of programmes that have procurement underpinning them and there is strong investment from the global leadership team in building further capability knowing that the team will deliver added value back to the business.
You will need to be an autonomous individual with experience in strategy creation & execution who is adept at influencing senior stakeholders and drive preferential outcomes.
Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Lead with no direct reports, you will be responsible for developing and executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. As the Space subject matter expert both internally and externally, you will be responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and collaboration with senior business leadership to deliver & execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement bid & project activity. Recent Defence/Space experience is a must either within Defence or Commercial environments.
As Senior Procurement Manager (Space) your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Category Procurement Team to identify opportunities to utilise supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale. Conversely, you will be responsible for identifying repeat requirements from the projects pipeline and placing demands on the Category Procurement Team to deliver suitable, long term contracting mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop industrial strategies with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help the function achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
Skills and experience:
It is likely that you will be CIPS qualified and can demonstrate recent Space procurement experience working on complex programmes.
Knowledge and experience of strategic bidding and business development would be advantageous as well as proven contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and support others through the bidding process.
- Knowledge & significant prior application of UK Defence & Government procurement practices.
- Demonstrable experience of working within externally recognised Bidding methodologies.
- Understands impact of external customer requirements and recognises the levers that significantly improve the probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Highly proficient in the identification & mitigation of supply chain, organisational, regulatory, legal & commercial risk.
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence colleagues (where appropriate) to alter solution design or commercial offering.
- Ability to lead cross-functional delivery teams in a bid or project environment.
- Natural and articulate around senior management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Manager (Space) include:
Attractive remuneration package to be discussed upon application.
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Procurement Manager (Space) role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.