We have been asked to exclusively recruit a Senior Procurement Manager – Technology for a leading organisation in the South West.
With a new Head of Procurement and CFO at the helm, this is a greenfield role that will see you completely re-engineer the Technology category across Hardware, Software & Digital in a newly formed Procurement team.
Following a recent acquisition, a key responsibility of the role will be to ensure the smooth integration of the IT suppliers across both organisations as well as owning and developing the combined category strategy. The spend profile is circa 100m and there are three key criteria that the individual must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to influence the CIO and CEO completely autonomously
- Manage the entire IT Category across Hardware, Software and Digital (preference towards Software if only managed one category in IT)
- The ability to sell Procurement within the business
This is an entrepreneurial organisation that has gone through a major acquisition whilst at the same time not having a Procurement function within the existing business. Your role will be pivotal in selling the IT strategy and gaining buy in from the existing and acquired business to form a joined-up approach moving forwards.
As Senior Procurement Manager – Technology, your key responsibilities will be:
- Business partnering IT and Finance stakeholders to co-define requirements for future IT suppliers clearly, and in a manner which enables suppliers to provide an optimum return on investment and innovation.
- Owning and developing the combined Technology category strategy
- Integration of IT suppliers following the recent acquisition
- Driving commercial benefits by open competition, but also by fostering collaboration with suppliers
- Ensuring relevant budgets are in place and all stakeholders are aligned with the procurement policy and process
- Continuously striving for improvements in cost, value and innovation.
- Continuous improvement of Procurement tools (P2P, RFP, Contract database), whilst managing change with stakeholders.
- Supporting the implementation of new procurement systems
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects the following elements:
- MCIPS qualified (or working towards this) with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A strong negotiator
- Comprehensive experience across IT and Digital procurement categories
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change.
- Strong presentation, relationship building, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills with senior stakeholders.
- Able to apply skills beyond the traditional functions of Procurement and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
- Knowledge of Procurement systems (i.e Source to Contract and P2P)
- You should also be a self-starter, team-oriented and have a collaborative, pragmatic approach.
- Exposure to an entrepreneurial and technology-orientated businesses is desirable but not essential.
Benefits of the Senior Procurement Manager – Technology include:
- £70,000 base salary,
- 26 days holiday,
- 5% matched pension,
- 4% flexible allowance,
- bonus based on company performance up to 20%
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Procurement Manager – Technology role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.